Forums
Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://eu-forums.com)
+-- Forum: World Wide Talk (https://eu-forums.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat Forum (https://eu-forums.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion (/thread-223.html)

Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - clearman - 05-27-2008

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The Pentagon cannot account for nearly 15 billion dollars in payments for goods and services in Iraq, according to an internal audit which members of Congress blasted Friday as a "shocking" accountability failure. :nonnon

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Jfish - 05-28-2008

WOW!!! I wonder billion is mentioned here as 1 000 000 000 or as 1 000 000 000 000? Smile

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Terry - 05-29-2008

Americans are stupid, they don't realize what they do...

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Faw_Peter - 06-10-2008

Iraq war is a very good opportunity for money laundering, US know that, they just pretend to be naive

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Faw_Peter - 06-19-2008

It's firstly an opportunity for banks and the state itself, since it uses the weapons that anyway are going to be destroyed.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Benn - 06-20-2008

It's even more than the amount missing in the Societe Generale Bank (5 billion dollars). I'm sorry, but this is not 1 million this is 15 billion!!!!!!! WHERE ARE THE MONEY???

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Terry - 06-21-2008

somebody was interested in this "missing". And guess who?
It's a whole chain of officials, politicians and businessmen who organized this money-laundry

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Faw_Peter - 06-24-2008

On August 7, 2007, the Pentagon officials stated they miss 190,000 guns. The Pentagon couldn't tell where these guns are or who is using these weapons. Also the defense department could also not account for 135,000 pieces of body armour and 115,000 helmets.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Steven - 07-28-2008

US forces and representatives are everywhere. Why don't they allow some European spectators enter their political/military life? Because they are afraid that such mistakes as the above mentioned will be revealed.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Terry - 07-29-2008

US has always been carrying on such a "closed" policy. They never allow any observers to penetrate their lives. This should change.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Faw_Peter - 07-31-2008

Europeans should take that in consideration and use this as a reason another time when the USA imposes its position and forces in the matter of any issue

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Hakan G - 08-05-2008

Steven Wrote:US forces and representatives are everywhere. Why don't they allow some European spectators enter their political/military life? Because they are afraid that such mistakes as the above mentioned will be revealed.

It might not be necessary a mistake. All this is part of a long term energy plan. It might look in this short-term pattern, that US is in trouble, but when the Oil problem will hit the top prices, affecting the costing/efficiency proportion, than US will still make a good living for time or so.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Terry - 08-05-2008

very smart policy you know. I have always been supporting Fidel Castro for not being in friendly relations with the USA. He was the man who dared to say "no" to America, while the whole world is at its knees...

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Karl.in.eu - 08-30-2008

Well Hugo Chaves is not that friendly towards USA also

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - M.Helen - 08-31-2008

certainly he isn't, along with Lukashenko (Belarus president) and a row of other small countries. These countries are very brave to oppose the world's leader, however they pay for that by their poverty.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Hakan G - 09-01-2008

Venezuela has the largest oil rserves in the Americas. :lecture

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Steven - 09-02-2008

Hakan G Wrote:Venezuela has the largest oil rserves in the Americas. :lecture

Really? I thought the USA is.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Hakan G - 09-02-2008

Well I don't know about the reserves, but it I’m 100% sure that is the one with the most largest natural oil resources.
The second largest is the golf near florida and Mexico, and it is managed by USA.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Steven - 09-06-2008

I'm happy to inform you that the USA is only on the 11th place by oil reserves! Yes, I made no mistake, it's 11th, not 1st!

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Karl.in.eu - 09-07-2008

Steven Wrote:I'm happy to inform you that the USA is only on the 11th place by oil reserves! Yes, I made no mistake, it's 11th, not 1st!

Yes but they have untouched reserves in Alaska, which by the way, were about to be opened by the Bush administration to stop the national raise of oil prices. And there are semi explored reserves in Texas too.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Benn - 09-20-2008

Alaska is a separated "world" from the USA. It lives its own life and USA government doesn't give a damn about it.

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Karl.in.eu - 09-22-2008

Benn Wrote:Alaska is a separated "world" from the USA. It lives its own life and USA government doesn't give a damn about it.

Alaska is a very strategic region for both military and important energy resources like oil

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Steven - 09-25-2008

I thought oil is found only in temperate and hot regions. Is there oil in Alaska? And I agree that Alaska is a strategic point, but only for defending from Russia. Was it used during the cold war for any defense purpose?

Re: Pentagon Missing Another 15 Billion - Nicholas - 09-26-2008

Steven Wrote:Was it used during the cold war for any defense purpose?

Of course it was. Alaska was the first border of USA, and Russian spy planes were always flying from their military base near Chukotka and therefore create numerous strained situation.
I remember one of the USSR's bombers got so close to Alaska, that it made a lot of political tension.