Forums
Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://eu-forums.com)
+-- Forum: EU Forums (https://eu-forums.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Hot Topics (https://eu-forums.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! (/thread-2494.html)

Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - anonyymi-ihminen - 02-12-2009

are people of other EU countries aware of the laws that our goverment is passing right now?
it's called the Lex-Nokia . I cant post a link to wikipedia here, cause this is my first message here. but just use google and put "Lex-Nokia" there...

basically the law gives companies rights to even search your body ( i'm not kidding ) when U leava from work. Basically the law means that companies can monitor their emploeyees e-mail traffic. not just big companies like Nokia but EVERY company in this god forsaken country.

EU, I beg that you gyus HELP us !!!! our goverment has gone insane Cry

PS. sorry my crappy english, somebody could translate that wikipedia page so everyone could understand whats going on...

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Terry - 02-13-2009

Hi there! I have read some things about this law. But, as far as I understand this shouldn't concern you if you are a fair employee. At your workplace you are doing your job, and nothing else, so why are you afraid if the management sees the letters you are emailing during the day?

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Admin_phpbb3_import1 - 02-14-2009

Anonyymi-ihminen , aren't you exaggerating about body search?
I've read only about emails:

Quote:HELSINKI (AFP) – Mobile phone giant Nokia threatened to leave its native Finland if a change to laws blocking companies from monitoring employee emails was not introduced, a respected Finnish newspaper said Sunday.

Nokia spokeswoman Arja Suominen subsequently rejected the accusation, telling the STT news agency that "Nokia has in no way threatened to move," claiming the "Helsingin Sanomat article is quite polemic. It contains many mistakes and misunderstandings."

Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen also denied that politicians had been pressured by the company to change the law.

"I have not heard about such an ultimatum. I have discussed (the law) with many companies including Nokia, and I have never heard that they have made such a threat," he told national broadcaster Yle.

The new data retention law proposal, called Lex Nokia, would meanwhile allow employers to monitor their workers' electronic correspondence for information including the sender and recipient of the email, the time it was sent and the size of attachments.

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Steven - 02-15-2009

If they allow body search, then it's an infringement of the human rights. I understand that they have leaks, but our right on life must not be disregarded. The danger is, that this law can have a domino effect and every big company in the world could act the same.

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Faw_Peter - 02-16-2009

This is what I would do if I had that big company. Now, do you realize how much work was put into the elaborations of such transnational companies as Nokia? Billions! And these secrets can be discovered only due to one email. So they're doing a great job for protecting their inventions Confuseduper

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Benn - 03-06-2009

In my opinion, the Finnish government are left no choices. Would they risk losing about a half of the budget money just because of a law? No. Especially because of the financial crisis. Finland needs Nokia, and the government will pass the law.

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Faw_Peter - 03-09-2009

Bad news for somebody: the law was passed March 3.

Quote:This bill has also been called the "snooping law" and, in recognition of Nokia’s fervent support for it, "Lex Nokia".

Opponents claimed that the proposal was excessive. According to our contacts in the Finnish Greens, Deputy Chief Tero Kurenmaa of the National Bureau of Investigation has been quoted as saying that Lex Nokia would give employers greater powers than those invested in the police.

read here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/06/finland_nokia_snooping/">http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/06 ... _snooping/</a><!-- m -->

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - M.Helen - 03-11-2009

This is just unright. Nokia forgets about something: employees are human and they need communication even during the working hours. So, they should expect productivity to decrease, for employees will feel themselves pressured.

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Steven - 03-12-2009

M.Helen Wrote:This is just unright. Nokia forgets about something: employees are human and they need communication even during the working hours. So, they should expect productivity to decrease, for employees will feel themselves pressured.

No. On the contrary, productivity will increase due to the control, that's because you will be obliged to do fairly the job as long as you know you are being supervised. The bad point is that employees will quickly get tired because of that.

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Benn - 03-13-2009

It seems that Nokia will have to change its slogan from "Connecting people" to "Controlling people". I wonder if other companies in the world will follow their example.

Re: Finland the DDR 2.0 of the future ?? LEX-NOKIA !! - Troll - 01-08-2010

This law (lex Nokia) is called the Data Retention Directive Directive 2006/24/EC and is forced on to every EU and ECC country.