Forums
How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://eu-forums.com)
+-- Forum: World Wide Talk (https://eu-forums.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Motivation and Psychology Forum (https://eu-forums.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? (/thread-5836.html)

How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Josie - 01-27-2011

Today is my only day off this week and my house is a disaster. I need to clean but have no motivation. The dishes and laundry are piling up and really need to be cleaned. How can I get the motivation? All I want to do is lay around and relax today.... help!!

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Franny - 01-27-2011

Pretend that Publisher's Clearing House or your mother-in-law is coming over.

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Katie3 - 01-27-2011

You seriously want to live in filth?? Clean and then lay around and enjoy a clean house!! You will have reason to celebrate that way!!

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Gracie - 01-27-2011

Watch Clean House - it always motivates me

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - FrankieBig - 01-27-2011

Be Determined! Just Get up now and do IT!

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Lulu - 01-27-2011

It helps me get motivated if I air out the house and turn on my favorite music. Turn the TV on to a channel that you like but put it on mute. Crank up the stereo and just start to tackle everything possible.

After all is said and done, I like to take a shower put on my favorite clothes and do something fun for myself like go for a manicure or go window shopping. Come home and THEN lay down for an hour.

Always makes my 1 day off go very smoothly.

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Libby - 01-27-2011

well first of all, dont sleep in till noon, thats a no-no then you will be really lazy. i usually get up about 9 (sleep in a bit) get some quick breakfast , nothing heavy, put on my favorite cds, (because you cant work and watch tv at the same time), turn up the volume and take it a room at a time. when i finish a room, light a scented candle, turn off the light, and close the door. at the end of the day i take along hot shower and enjoy the way my house looks and smells.!! but always be careful with the candles!!

hey bethy- you are alot like me lol

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Dru987 - 01-27-2011

A friend used this technique-- maybe it will work for you....
Set a timer for 1 hour---- and get with one of the chores-- load of clothes for instance-- then wash dishes at the same time-- in 1 hour-- quit.....
Won't do it all today unless you lay around then repeat--but it does work.
Good luck

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Fifi11 - 01-28-2011

If you try to do a little bit each day then you won't have to do it on your day off... When my husband and I both worked, I extended my day with chores in the morning and at night. It was better falling into the bed exhausted Monday - Friday so I didn't have to do much around the house on Saturday and Sunday...

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Emme76 - 01-28-2011

since your off, you should have started early so you have the rest of the day to relax. But this is what you do. You say to yourself. I want to relax but its dirty in here. I don't want to relax in dirt. So get up and clean clean clean. When your done you drink a nice cold glass of your favorite drink and relax.

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Millie - 01-28-2011

Its hard to get motivated, but if you want to be living in filth, just lay there and watch the piles grow. Or get off your but and do a load of laundry. How hard can that be.

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - AbbyF - 01-28-2011

Find some good funky music to listen to !! It will get you movin'

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Drea98 - 01-28-2011

Motivation? How about this. What you don't do today, you'll have to run yourself ragged on a day you have to work to get caught up. Once you get everything done, treat yourself in some way. To prevent this from happening again, spend 15-30 minutes every day before you go to bed to put things away and get dishes done. When you get a load of laundry, do it. Then, on your day off, you will have less to do and more time to veg out!

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Lettie - 01-28-2011

I don't think there is any motivation. I hate to clean. You just have to make yourself do it, that's all. Just think to yourself, "In 2 hours this will all be over, & my dread of cleaning is gone." Then, enjoy the rest of the day.

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Lou - 01-28-2011

i love cleaning, hire me!
lol jk, just when im notin the mood, i think about how much i will enjoy it citting on the couch looking at a clean house, then that should bring your motivation up!

Re: How can I get the motivation to clean on my only day off? - Sam - 01-28-2011

I alway's have some coffee watch the new's for a little while and then start with the kitchen and go from room to room if you do this it won't take long and you won't be distracted.