Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women discrimination
I would like to know the facts about women discrimination in the world. Tell your opinion or give examples on how women are discriminated in your country. Or maybe you think they are treated normally, please tell me. It’s important for me, as a woman.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Peace be upon you and everyone!

Allah says in holy Quran :

1== And We have enjoined on human to be good to his parents. His mother bears him with pain, and brings him forth with pain. and the bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months. ( part of verse 16, chapter 26)

2== Prayer for parents:
My Lord, have mercy on them as they nurtured me in (my) childhood. [part of verse25: chapter 17]

3== Prayer for spouses and children:
Our Lord, grant us of our spouses and children the delight of (our) eyes, and make us a model for the righteous. [part of verse 75: chapter 25]

According to a saying of holy prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him and all prophets), paradise is under mother's feet ( a parable, reminding mothers and children about thier duties to goodness)

The blessed holy prophet said the good among you is the one who behaves good with family.

Fathers also have high station, according to Islam.

If women are seemed to be treated otherwise in any place then that is because of ignorance.

I sadly observe the blind use of woman in television and media commercials. It is a wide spread epidemic taking over east and west, north and south, air and earth. The delicate emotions which were put by God in man and woman for very noble purposes, are being used to sell objects ranging from chewing gums to four by four heavy duty truck.

No film in box ofice is falsely thought to attract viewership if women is not shown in lesser dress. The main reason being male directors and fasle idea of so-called demand.

Finally, in this age, the emergence of a new human realtion called girl-friend is needed some attention. Secularly or religiously speaking, wife has the rights while girl friend has no rights.

These words are not meant to heart anyones feelings, i just put my feelings on here.

==================

Paradise on Earth
Islam is unique in this respect by endowing a woman with equal rights and .... To safeguard the rights of women, Islam makes its necessary to have the ...
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000137.html">http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000137.html</a><!-- w --> - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

Penal Code in Syria says:
Article 548 "He who catches his wife or one of his ascendants, descendants or sister committing adultery (flagrante delicto) or illegitimate sexual acts with another and he killed or injured one or both of them benefits from an exemption of penalty." Both amounting to 120 million dollars. Now that’s what I call an art lover!

:ange I think deep inside my heart and i can prove that only ISLAM pay true regards towards WOMEN.Islam tell about the real respect of women and give her honorable image to all the world.Islam make her valuable for her family,society and even for the whole world.So please don't make her a game for getting pleasure and relaxation for the sake of devil emotions.Do respect her.............she's your MOTHER,SISTER,WIFE and even she come to you as your DAUGHTER.Think about... :quoi

oh really? Then tell me my dear Syeda, why in Islam countries women are fully led by men? They are not allowed to make a step without men's will!
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I would never allow a man to behave with me like with a puppet. I am strong enough and I can decide what should or not do.

You are strong because you are an European woman, modern and educated in Western culture...not Oriental

We can't say that these are only the Arabic countries where women discrimination is practiced. In Europe women have a much more power, but still I don't think they can be compared with a man.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

It seems that America is democratic, but no, in Arkansas (American state) men are allowed to beat his wife, but not more than once a month
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

hmm, so probably the husband stares at the watches and counts every second when on month passes so he could beat her again :x
Very stupid...
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

I don't really think women are more discriminated than men. In Europe women enjpy the same rights. I've never heard of a case when a woman wasn't hired for ajob just because she's a woman.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

The point is that an employer will never tell a woman doen't fit the position because she's a woman, he will find many other reasons for that.

but it is felt, without his words. Many women are discriminated, but, because of the lack of courage, they keep silence and never address to the respective public authorities.

See woman's discrimination guide:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lwvnj.org/womensguide/discrimi.htm">http://www.lwvnj.org/womensguide/discrimi.htm</a><!-- m -->

Faw_Peter Wrote:The point is that an employer will never tell a woman doen't fit the position because she's a woman, he will find many other reasons for that.
I agree. In the UK it is against the law for a manager to ask a female employee if she plans to have a family. So many managers just won't promote or train women, because they are afraid that the women will get married/pregnant and leave the company at any moment, or start prioritising thir family above their career. There is still a massive inequality between men and women in top jobs. If you do not work hard on key projects, you won't get promoted: if you are a woman of child-bearing age, you probably won't be put on the key project. So you are effectively discriminated against, although the manager can say that your work was not good enough.

The problem is compounded by older managers being out of touch with modern lifestyles: they think that if you live with someone, it means you are getting married and cannot work overtime or travel, and that if you marry someone it means that you are having children right away.

Becka, but is this discrimination?
In some cases managers are right not to allow women at certain positions. Why should they train her and the next day she may leave? Managers want to have permanent workers.

It is discrimination if you can't have children, or if you choose not to for some reason.

In addition, women are having children later in life: the average age is over 30, and some women are waiting until they are nearly 40.

And increasing numbers of men will take long sabbaticals from work (to sail around the world or something), or request flexi-time to look after their children.

I think that managers should be allowed to ask if you plan to have a family. And they should believe you if you say "no" or "not yet!"

Becka, believe me, the average age of woman to have a child is not 30 at all. Maybe in UK, yes.
But, in the world, normally it's 24 years.

Yes, I have heard that the average age is lower in the rest of the world. But I still don't think that you can assume all women will have children. Women are as diverse as men in their chosen lifestyles and abilities. If a woman cannot have a child (due to infertility, or some kind of medical condition) it is not fair to make her life worse by discriminating against her at work!

In addition, in many parts of the world, it is the responsibility of the youngest daughter to support her parents in their old age. Especially if there are no sons in the family. Historically, there have always been a number of spinster daughters in the UK.

And, of course, some of us just never meet the right man. Why should we be satisfied with an unfufilling job and low standard of living, as well as a depressing personal life?!

Quote:In addition, in many parts of the world, it is the responsibility of the youngest daughter to support her parents in their old age. Especially if there are no sons in the family. Historically, there have always been a number of spinster daughters in the UK.
You are wrong Becka. I used to travel a lot some time ago. I know there is no tradition anywhere. It's true if we speak about the 18-19th and maybe 20th century. But not the 21st, for sure.

It still goes on in the north of england: I could name a few people, although it is probably not very common. I'm surprised it doesn't happen anywhere else! I suppose if a country has a welfare state, there is not as much necessity for the children to care for their parents..? As fuel bills are rising, I think people will have to start looking after their parents more.

You know, here in my country, women are frequently discriminated in transport domain. Men consider that they are the head in driving a car. They consider that we, women are not able to drive a car, but it is not true. In our country (Moldova) the most accidents are caused by men not by women. Personally I consider that no one have immunity, all of us are humans and we should have the same rights.

Lorry, this surprises me a lot! I read that Moldova has the highest proportion of professional women of any European country. Smile

I also read that Moldova spends the most money on education per head of population, which would infer that people are more educated and enlightened, and that women have more opportunities that in other countries.

There are jokes about women drivers in every country I have visited :roll: but I think you are right that it can be a problem - if womens' confidence is undermined. And managers make the assumption that you cannot drive long distance Wink It is a very strange phenomenon: does anyone know why men think this? :lol: