Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS GOOD TEACHING AND GOOD LEARNING?
What Is Good Teaching?

What do you think is the difference between the perception of a good teaching and a real good teaching?
We may look at teaching as to a continuous effort of overcoming the illusion of understanding.

Does your teaching or learning look like a process of overcoming the illusion of understanding? If yes, than it has a chance to be a good teaching and good learning. If not, then probably it reinforces your illusions.

Bad teaching could lead to two main things: misunderstanding and lack of understanding. Misunderstanding is more dangerous than lack of understanding. Why? Because your misunderstanding is passed to others. But your lack of understanding stays with you.

euigorwithyou Wrote:Bad teaching could lead to two main things: misunderstanding and lack of understanding. Misunderstanding is more dangerous than lack of understanding. Why? Because your misunderstanding is passed to others. But your lack of understanding stays with you.

I would refer your words to concrete subjects at schools, like, for example, history. If historians of a certain country write a few words from their part, it could change the conception of an entire generation. So in this case it's better not to know anything and keep silence, than pretending to know everything and telling everybody wrong things.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:I would refer your words to concrete subjects at schools, like, for example, history. If historians of a certain country write a few words from their part, it could change the conception of an entire generation. So in this case it's better not to know anything and keep silence, than pretending to know everything and telling everybody wrong things.

I'm echoed to what you've said here, Helen.

Sometimes, it is better to be silence than woofing like a mad dog, as we always said, "Silence is golden!".

I disagree silence should be kept. When I don't know many things about a quite topical subject, I can't leave that untackled. I like to find and learn many interesting stuff, and then share this knowledge with others.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Yes, as long as your process of learning or teaching is a process of overcoming the illusion of understanding.

euigorwithyou Wrote:What Is Good Teaching?
Bad teaching could lead to two main things: misunderstanding and lack of understanding. Misunderstanding is more dangerous than lack of understanding. Why? Because your misunderstanding is passed to others. But your lack of understanding stays with you.

When I was a little child in kindergarten, we had a very young teacher (who probably was about 19 years and had just graduated the school). She was showing us the world map and she confused (I don't know why, probably because of her lack of knowledge) Italy and France. I know where France and Italy is, but, up to present, my brain associates France with Italy, and when I think of France, I confuse it with Italy on the map

It's interesting that riding horses, if taught wrongly from the very beginning are very difficult to re-teach. Horses form instincts, which are very difficult to change. A professional rider said that it is better to take a young stallion and teach it from very beginning, than losing time to reteach an older horse. We may learn a lot from this.

the same relates to sports. Before I began practicing tennis professionally I used to play as an amateur. My trainer spent 1 year for reteaching me holding correctly the racket.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Misunderstaing is worse than lack of understanding - yes, I agree. In this sense, I can say that a language translator can change the history. For example, imagine two presidents meeting at a conference. It is too much important that every word of each president is translated accurately, since it may create a wrong impression to one of them about the other one, and consequently could lead to not quite good consequences.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

In my point of view good teaching is then you got good educational skills in family, when parents or your teacher gave you that studies which helped you to became a real man or woman, i mean from the point of view of lifestyle. What about the good learning it is when you have learnt the material which you got at the school, it is from the point of view of educational skills at school and university.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gooddumps.ws Good Dumps - Buy Dumps With Pin Shop - VERIFIED Dumps Site darcy1998 0 2,365 08-08-2021, 04:11 AM
Last Post: darcy1998
  Gooddumps.ws The Advantages Of Using Cvv Dumps Good To Buy .. darcy1998 0 2,593 11-29-2020, 03:33 AM
Last Post: darcy1998
  HOW GOOD ARE YOU? euigorwithyou 6 6,129 09-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Karl.in.eu
  IS POINTING TO AN EXAMPLE A GOOD THINS? euigorwithyou 0 4,372 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How to find gain motivation to do something which is good and beneficiary? Katie3 0 3,917 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How do I find the motivation to do my home learning course? Dixie678 0 3,043 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What anti-depressants are good for anxiety and motivation? Livia 0 4,256 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: