Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW TO OVERCOME WORRIES AND ANXIETIES
HOW TO OVERCOME WORRIES AND ANXIETIES

I think that in order to overcome worries we need to develop the skill of eliminating non-essential activities and related to them goals, attitudes, dreams and plans. Someone said that wisdom is the ability to know what to overlook. Others' advice was that we should learn how not to sweat small things.

The question is how to separate non important from important things. Well, first of all, we need to align our priorities along the fundamental principles. For instance, we can not fly like birds, so why to worry about the fact that we can not fly like them. The fact that we can not fly is a non essential thing and we can eliminate it from our worry list. We stick with the principle of gravitation and we align our goals and activities accordingly. Why? Because every dream or goal, outside of this principle leads to worries.

Or let’s take for instance the principle of inborn talents and physical appearance of the human body. You can not change your height even by one inch. So you eliminate this thing from your worry list. Why? Because it is not essential! And it is not essential, because it is not in harmony with the stated principle!

Secondly, no one can control or change the principles. For instance, you can not control how you are treated by others. Some will like you, some will not. Why? Because, the principle of personal preferences does manifest itself with vigor and power. So why to worry about other people’s preferences when you know that you can not control or change the principle, which guides those preferences? Next we will discuss how our perceptions provoke a lot of worries, even though there is no a basis for this! But this discussion will follow after we will hear from you some thoughts about the ideas mentioned above.

Sometimes, it's easy to be talking than taking the real actions on it...

As a Claustrophobic for over years, it's hard for me to eliminate this problem from my life. This problem seems to keep haunting me and leaving a deep impact on me as well...

Some doctors recommend to practice simply imagining yourself in the circumstance you fear. Unfold the scene with as much detail as possible. Your anxiety level may rise; but keep reminding yourself that the disapproval of others (or a confined place) is not as likely or as severe as you think, and construct the ending of the scene to support that view. So, this "keeping reminding yourself that a confined place is not as severe as you think" during the process of imagining the scene, could help you.

Also you may try to relax your breathing, try this exercise: Lie on your stomach. Count to six as you inhale; count to six as you exhale. Next, try the same deep breathing while sitting down. Then, try it standing up. Breathe deeply from the diaphragm, and practice this daily until it becomes natural. Some benefit by imagining beautiful surroundings while doing this exercise.

Thanks for the suggestions, mate.

Although I knew it's hard for me to get the rid off with my problem, but I still try my best to battle against it every single day...

Igor thanks for the article.
Tell me please, should I worry about becoming rich or not? Truly? I just can't get it out of my head!
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

This is very interesting question! Indeed. The answer though is very simple. The goal to become rich is not essential. Why? Because the essential thing is to be hardworking. "Look at the ant" - says the principle.
So being hardworking must be the essence of you. In this case, you will have a very good chance of becoming rich. But never, never worry to become rich. Why? Because there is no such principle like: "Worry to become rich and you will be hardworking", or "worry to become rich and you will become rich". So remove the dream, goal and the passion of becoming rich from your worry list. Because it is not in accordance with the fundamental principle, and this fact indicates that it is not essential. But care about being hardworking, and you will "stay before kings", meaning - you will be rich in your knowledge, skills or in your material possessions.

Yes, but when you think that somebody is very rich and did nothing for achieving that, and another is poor but has been working all his life, you are discouraged...

I understand what you're trying to tell us, but my sole position is different. For me, if I don't set this goal (of becoming reach), means that I don't want it, and thus, may never achieve it.
You were telling that you must concentrate on being workaholic.
Yes but if you concentrate only on this, then you might lose some important moments like investments, diversifications, or others.

Faw_Peter Wrote:Yes, but when you think that somebody is very rich and did nothing for achieving that, and another is poor but has been working all his life, you are discouraged...

Unfortunately I know this filling too.. :nonnon

Being hard working doesn't mean at all a physical work. It means working hard in finding the solutions you need, investments is not an exception.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Yes, everything depends on how well you know what a hardworking person means. The Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus (American Edition, Oxford, 1996) defines it as diligent. But the word diligent means: conscientious, intent, focused, concentrated, earnest, careful, thorough, scrupulous, meticulous, industrious etc. This is what hardworking means. Doesn't exclude investing, diversification etc., does it?

Faw_Peter Wrote:Yes, but when you think that somebody is very rich and did nothing for achieving that, and another is poor but has been working all his life, you are discouraged...
that also discourages me. Why somebody is born in wealth and others in poverty? It's not fair.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Hi to all,
First of all all that who suffer from this kind of problems should more frequently think positive, try to be surrounded by friends that can make it happy, can make it to feel good, the worst in this situation is to be alone. Also it is important to go outside for a walk, or better to go with friends on the cinema or other interesting places. You should overpass this kind of situations, because with time it can be more difficult to overpass it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overcome shyness and timidity Faw_Peter 0 13,218 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is a depression and how to overcome it? Peach 0 13,128 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: