Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New inventions?
Are there any new inventions? Seriously people, we all know that the history of human kind is full of great inventions, but it seems that the new millennium is flat at this category, or I’m not right?

To me, there is little left to be invented. Technologies are now only developing and becoming faster, stronger. But no new inventions are made, so that the world could be shocked Confusedhock:
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Hmm..., this early 21st century seems to be lacked of new inventions, but it's rather to modify and applied the already existed stuffs into more advancing things!

teleport! I expect it to appear as soon as possible! It will make our lives easier - no airplanes, no buses, no trains!
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

The CERN project will help revealing the secret of teleporting, according to scientists. But, who know...
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Terry Wrote:The CERN project will help revealing the secret of teleporting, according to scientists. But, who know...

It didn't last long.. the project is now on pause.

Flying car would be a great thing to be invented. So much time would be saved if people drove cars in the air! Flying cars are already invented, but we should expect a time when they would become widely-used.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Steven Wrote:Flying car would be a great thing to be invented. So much time would be saved if people drove cars in the air! Flying cars are already invented, but we should expect a time when they would become widely-used.
I hate to disagree with you on this one. They can hardly control the infinitely incapable earth-bound drivers. Can you imagine the constant rain of car parts from all the aerial crashes?

Aeneas Wrote:
Steven Wrote:Flying car would be a great thing to be invented. So much time would be saved if people drove cars in the air! Flying cars are already invented, but we should expect a time when they would become widely-used.
I hate to disagree with you on this one. They can hardly control the infinitely incapable earth-bound drivers. Can you imagine the constant rain of car parts from all the aerial crashes?

wow, very deep analysis you're doing, Aeneas. I've never thought about it - a rain of car spares Confusedhock:
But I did thought about what should happen if a flying car has its engine stopped. It should fall down, if following the logic.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

A new gun was invented to help police in the United States. We're talking about a classical electroshock gun, especially now as it aims three target at once.
Thus, policemen no longer need to reload the gun when you follow criminals, and they are unlikely to let go to criminals. There is a small inconvenience: this gun usually costs double that, ie $ 600.

Wizcom has created a ReadingPen that acts as a reading assistant for people with comprehension disabilities. Scan the pen over unfamiliar words and the pen provides definitions, synonyms, translations and even speaks and spells the words out loud.Great for second-language students and people with reading difficulties such as dyslexia.

Attached Files Image(s)

A chip inside blind people's eye that can help them regain sight is now closer to the reality. Scientists work on a retinal implant that can bypass damaged cells and directly offer visual input to the brain.
It can't fully recover normal sight, however it would be more than enough to help a blind people navigate a room.

Attached Files Image(s)

The history of medicine has now registered for the first time a vaccine that prevented AIDS infection. It was an experimental vaccine. The vaccine is able reduce the probability of AIDS infection by 31%
It has been desiegned by mixing two previeous unsuccussful vaccines (ALVAC and AIDSVAX). This vaccine may open a new chapter in the matter of controlling AIDS spread, it will give hope to people.

A new fabulous invention, called the Iphone ARide is a system combining an i{hone and a display (glasses).
It can be attatched to a helmet and can be navigated while driving, riding the bike etc. It connects via bluetooth.
For example, the GPS feature allows you just to move your head and you'll easily see how the map application rotates for you.

Attached Files Image(s)

A company designed a technology allowing to introduce nanocoatings in fabrics. In turn, this fabric will repel oil and water. So it probably doesn't even need to be washed. Great savings. Such clothes can be used in hospitals as well as for military purposes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Volkswagen's tandem 2-seater is made of carbon fiber, half the width of a standard car and claims to be the most fuel efficient car available. Unfortunately it won't be in production until 2013.
Doubled the L1, the car has an aerodynamic drag co-efficient of just 0.195 and weighs a mere 380 kg.
Entry is through a roof cover hinged at the side.

Attached Files Image(s)

There's plenty of new inventions, only they are not so public, like TV, radio or Internet Smile Nowadays everything is based on nanotechnology, it's very young and complicated science and everyday scientists are making important steps to discover something great, what will change the world.

Hello
Nowadays our civilization has a great succes regarding new inventions and creating a better life on this planet. The most cleverest people in the world think how to create the best conditions for everyone's life on the earth. They try to invent robots, which will work for us - human being, invent new machines to study, to find out many interesting new things about the cosmic world, they try to perform new technologies to be better that they are nowadays. All that they are creating is good for us because it will make our existence easier and more interesting.

Scientists have invented new flexible antennas, which can be easily uncoil and are comfortable to be transformed. Such flexible antenna can be used in different areas, especially in military area.But the price of new devices is quite high yet. May be that invention will be used in consumer electronics.
Another invention-nuclear battery, it can generate electricity tens or even hundreds of years, scientists tell that battery is completely save.

Honda Bicycle Simulator
This bicycle simulator was initially built for traffic safety education but due to the buzz around the product Honda have decided to bring them onto the Japanese market early next year. The simulator allows the user to cycle through a host of different conditions, without the risk of being knocked down by another vehicle. You won't have to experience the wet weather, or the cold conditions either, but can safely and warmly use the simulator from the comfort of your own home.