Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water equal to gold
Only 3% of the world's water system is drinkable water. Europeans and especially Americans use the drinkable water irrationally spending it in vain. In the nearest future, the world may face another problem - lack of water. It will make us take in consideration the water's value. We should start thinking now about this. How can we do that?
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

we will have to bring icebergs for melting them here and using as drinkable water. Some hot countries do that, don't know exactly which
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

yes, these are central african countries, where there is almost not water at all. Another way is to desalinate the water from sea, but it's very expensive

I would suggest to impose high taxes to companies which use drinkable water in industry purposes and thereby make it technical water. These companies must hire a professional in this sense who would monitor the using of water (water management), why not?
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

water defficiency is also felt in some UK regions. The government took measures by limitiing the quantity of water which can be used per month.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Gorbachev said by 2020 the "water crisis" would spread across half the world, leaving many countries without drinking water and proper sanitation.

We cannot stop yet the use of chemicals and fertilizers in agriculture and the use of drinkable water in industry ... because the money are still important for humans :banghead

yes, unfortunately that's true. In few years people will begin to think about that. So maybe water will be more precious than oil.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Certain large industries, such as SASOL and ESKOM, already recycle water for use in their plants. Regional water suppliers also recycle limited amounts of water.

at present, we can't imagine even a little how precious is the water, because it's impossible. We use it thoughlessly and we don't realize that's it's a resource, consider it endless, but it's not.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

a solution for the future is to store the water from rain in special water tanks.

This is how they look:

Attached Files Image(s)

There are some villages in European developed countries where all roofs of houses are painted white. If you ask yourself why? It's because they collect water rain from the roofs and the white colour is the cleanest one.

I haven't seen such. But, if they do that, it's a very good idea. However the received water must be filtered, I think, or at least the water rain should be analyzed under laboratory conditions once in 3-4 months

Some said that the World War III will be happened in the future, and the main cause for this disaster is the lack of drinkable water!

Are these Churchill's words?

Water will be source of war unless world acts now, warns minister
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/water-will-be-source-of-war-unless-world-acts-now-warns-minister-799292.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 99292.html</a><!-- m -->

The English international minister said that two-thirds of the world's population will live in water-stressed countries by 2025. Two thirds that's about 66%, or each 3rd person would be affected. I think this worths that we begin taking concrete actions today, until it's not too late.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

From the analysis that has been mentioned by Steven, we now knew that the water crisis is going to happen anytime from now...

Thus, if the mankind still ignore this problem, then it leads to the probability of global disaster...

Terry Wrote:There are some villages in European developed countries where all roofs of houses are painted white. If you ask yourself why? It's because they collect water rain from the roofs and the white colour is the cleanest one.

LOL :haha :haha
that's funny: "the white colour is the cleanest one"
The white colour is used in order for the roofs to attract less sun light and therefore to remain cooler than it would be by being black. As a result less water will evaporate, and more will be saved in water tanks.

Karl, the white colour is considered to be the cleanest one. Tell me please, why doctors wear white clothing?

Tell me Benn what doctors have to do with water saving?

I think Benn is right, Karl. White colour is used by medicine and other sciences for avoiding bacterias, so the roofs are painted white probably for the same reason.

The white color is not used to avoid bacteria’s, but to spot dirty surfaces faster and more efficiently.

white colour is a sterile one. Cotton wool is of white colour, I doubt there's another type of cotton wool. Doctor's smock is white as well.