Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Keep a Man?
I think you've all figured I don't have much luck with men :-(

I have no difficulty in meeting men. But after a while, they tell me that they "don't want any committment." I have been out with guys for a year, two years, even longer... But they never want to marry me or have kids :x They make stupid excuses like: they don't want me to steal all their money (I am financially independent, and earn more than most men), they cannot afford an engagement ring (I've never asked for an expensive one), or they accuse me of stopping them going out with their friends (this is not true). Then we start arguing, and split up Cry I don't want this to happen again Cry

I've tried to cultivate a feminine side: I have taught myself to cook and wear make-up and stuff, and I'm pretty much on a permanent diet. My friends joke that I will have to mail-order a husband from the 3rd World, or become like Madonna and buy some African orphan when I'm in my 50s :fi

I am not alone - last year a women's magazine ran an article on "scoring rock" (i.e. obtaining an engagement ring) - groups of business women were running brainstorming sessions, threatening to leave their boyfriend for a fictional new man, or pretending to have some terminal illness.

So, what do you look for in a wife?

Messages In This Thread