Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robots - SF or still a reality?
I don`t understand if you are talking about humanoid robots but robots are part of our world and when I say part of our world, I say you are being serviced by robots RIGHT NOW!! QUICK LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!! (just kidding), but seriously you ARE. have you seen a car factory? they are working and making products for us, for I don`t know how long.
about humanoid robots, well, in supertankers, gigantic cruise ships etc... you don`t put one hundred humanoid robots turning the rudder, the rudder itself is robotic, its has self-moving mechanisms (hydraulic or whatever), its controlled by a program that responds to buttons pushes by humans who are controlling the boat. want an even extremer example. the aeroplanes auto-pilot, they can land the plane, no human nedeed. you don´t have a robot that seats in the pilot seat, it is "embeded" in the plane. you probably can say it´s the plain itself. humans lack the strenght to pull or push ailerons of big planes and fighters planes (for example) it is all non human strength "activated", once you control those electro-mechanical mechanisms with a computer, there you go, a robot.
returning to humanoid robots, well in my country there is a tv and internet service that it allows you to send an sms and the box in your house starts recording a channel. This is not an expensive option or only for the most expensive paying packages, it comes with the service, every client has it. so the idea of a robot answering the phone and then it´s him that will puts the tv recorder working is actually a not so practical thing. you have allready on sale vacuuming robots from phillips and other brands, they are robots!
humanoid robots will practical around the house: setting up the table, tiding our sheets,etc... but robots (not humanoid)are for along time now, everywhere, there is a pharmacy that I go sometimes, they have a robot that it picks up the medicine, but again, its not a humanoid robot. guys, robots are today everywhere.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shape-shifting robots Admin_phpbb3_import1 0 3,193 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Robots and cars for the future Laurentine 0 13,830 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: