Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Microsoft swallow Yahoo?
About two weeks passed since it was officially declared that negotiations between Microsoft and Yahoo seized. But recently, the investor Carl Icahn asserted he envisages to by Yahoo shares of 2.5 billion dollars worth. Experts consider he may influence the final decision in the negotiation with Microsoft, as Carl Icahn is supporting the idea of merging.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

I read that Carl Icham will replace the directors board

I don't think that is reasonable for the Microsoft to swallow Yahoo. It's better for them to be separate. This will allow them to develop faster. Merging leeads to monopoly, and this is not good for the competition.

they are now very close to merge
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Fortunately yahoo avoid the "swallowing", due to Google's help.

Google is the next Microsoft. Believe me.

It has already become a new Microsoft. The point is that google's business is more related to people's needs within the internet. Microsoft is specialized in OS and software developing, of which people are sick. Many people are conservative and they learned basic knowledge in windows xp/vista. They don't want other softwares.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Faw_Peter Wrote:I read that Carl Icham will replace the directors board

Karl? Did they mean me? :-)

Steven Wrote:It has already become a new Microsoft. The point is that google's business is more related to people's needs within the internet. Microsoft is specialized in OS and software developing, of which people are sick. Many people are conservative and they learned basic knowledge in windows xp/vista. They don't want other softwares.

Google launched already its own IE, which is meant to be developed until it will reach the level and complexity of an alternative to the Microsoft office (Word, Excel...)
Amen Microsoft.. :ange

google's internet explorer is not everything! Remember there is a lot of years of work until it surpasses Microsoft!
Amen - canceled!
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

When Yahoo issued its first stocks back some 4-5 years ago, I was seriously thinking of buying some, as yahoo.com is a powerful search engine similar to google. But now I thank god for not doing that, its board of directors are disappointed a lot of people.

Yahoo issued its first stocks 3-4 years ago? It was founded in 1994.

But this does not mean that it registered at the US stock exchange in the first day the company was formed. There are many standards to be met when registering a company there, and they can't be reached in a couple of years. Secondly, it depends on the company's strategy, if it wants to attract capital, it will issue stocks, if it wants privacy - it won't even go to the Wall Street

Regardless of how rich or big a company is, if it wants a decent future it will normally issue stocks. Investments are permanently required for maintaining the growing rhythm.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Because of the pessimist atmosphere in USA about an upcoming recession Yahoo's stocks is now trading at 12$ which is a lot cheaper than the 33 or 35$ per share, that was proposed by Microsoft. Now the e-tech empire will just wait and see how Yahoo goes lower and lower in order to buy it in the end at a lower price.

Steven Wrote:About two weeks passed since it was officially declared that negotiations between Microsoft and Yahoo seized. But recently, the investor Carl Icahn asserted he envisages to by Yahoo shares of 2.5 billion dollars worth. Experts consider he may influence the final decision in the negotiation with Microsoft, as Carl Icahn is supporting the idea of merging.

microsoft Corp. has finally roped Yahoo Inc. into an internet partnership, capping a convoluted pursuit that
dragged on for years. Confuseduper Smile
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:
Steven Wrote:About two weeks passed since it was officially declared that negotiations between Microsoft and Yahoo seized. But recently, the investor Carl Icahn asserted he envisages to by Yahoo shares of 2.5 billion dollars worth. Experts consider he may influence the final decision in the negotiation with Microsoft, as Carl Icahn is supporting the idea of merging.

microsoft Corp. has finally roped Yahoo Inc. into an internet partnership, capping a convoluted pursuit that

So they got what they wanted. Time and effort are worth the expectations. We will see what will be in the future. Smile

Terry Wrote:
Benn Wrote:

So they got what they wanted. Time and effort are worth the expectations. We will see what will be in the future. Smile

Those who have more may tend to have all ;-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contact Yahoo customer uphold in the event Yahoo Premium Service? jamesmchel7 0 1,213 02-19-2021, 09:32 AM
Last Post: jamesmchel7