Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austrian animal rights activists imprisoned without charge
This is an outrageous case. Animal rights activists without any criminal history at all are imprisoned without charge just for promoting vegan lifestyle.

read more here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.evana.org/index.php?id=34391&lang=en">http://www.evana.org/index.php?id=34391&lang=en</a><!-- m -->
Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
SEO directory of forums - free submission

If this is true then EU has some issues with human rights...

That’s sad, really. But you can’t do much in a country where there is no justice. The only solution, will be to head straight to Strasbourg, I mean the European Court of Human Rights. It is a hard and unfair moment for the activists, but it will be even a harder lesson for the Austrian authorities.
PS. I never thought that this could happen in Austria, really shocked me.. :-(

This also surprises me - Austria, a country that is not far from being one of the richest ones in Europe, is doing that? There should be something else people don't know about
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

It seems to me that Europe is that concerned to inspect the upcoming members of the EU that it forgot to control its backyard. Cry

Correct thinking Karl. One can't make order in the neighbour's house if he didn't do that to his house.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

believe me guys, non-European members has much more problems in the regards to animals human rights and it's good the EU wants to help them.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

eastern European countries face the problems of many vagabond dogs and cats. They spend very little, or don't spend money at all for creating animal shelters.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I think that an organization should be formed, which would take care about animals on a global scale, just like humans rights are protected.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Animal Rights Law VenOm 28 22,749 06-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Nathan