Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is ECB helpless or careless?
Hi! I and I think all of you have witnessed how many meetings the European central bank held during this year, and the past year. But I can't see any changes to the prices inside the euro-zone.
They are spending a lot of important time, while simple Europeans are struggling with oil prices.
In USA oil prices a much lower than here.

Oil prices are a problem everywhere nowadays. Maybe because USA troops are in Iraq, America somehow makes it possible for prices to remain at that level.

What actually can be done from the European Central Bank's part? This is a global event which happens naturally. No economic interference will change anything significantly.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:What actually can be done from the European Central Bank's part? This is a global event which happens naturally. No economic interference will change anything significantly.

But what can help then?

nothing can help. Everything is too much confused. It is the same as removing all the garbage from the internet - is it possible? No!
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Oh my! I hope that European politicians aren't that pessimist. :?

Hakan, I'm not pesimist at all. I'm realistic. World officials can claim whatever they want for calming people, but, if you can see things as they're going, you realize nothing can be done.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

you can't say that unless you are experts in economy. Governments now hold very strong projects and tools for regulating the defficiencies of world economy. It's just that these actions should be taken simultaneously, and not apart.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

BYW, the oil price is slowed down on trading flours all around the world...

It looks like investors lost interest in the oil market, and it chilled down quite quickly. Was then the high price a result of speculations :quoi

Why then the prices at oil stations droped unsagnificantly?

Nicholas Wrote:Why then the prices at oil stations droped unsagnificantly?
Ask oil companies why!
They are good at increasing the price, and very slow at decreasing it. Oil companies don't want people to know the actual oil price on the world market.

In Greece prices went down significantly, I heard from a friend. But these days, the barrel may reach 120$ again!
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

you are right Terry, it reached 120 again

what is it connected with? Greece has no oil resources.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Greece is surrounded by sea, and oil is transported by sea - the cheapest way possible. And Greece is close to such countries as Iran and Iraq. Thirdly - taxes could be the answer, no?