Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Things that you didn't even know about yourself!
Guys,

I just read a very interesting article and if you want to know more about it, you should check this out...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.livescience.com/health/top_10_about_you-1.html">http://www.livescience.com/health/top_1 ... you-1.html</a><!-- m -->

Any comments will be mostly appreciated Smile

Cheers,
Wilson.

The stomach emits Corrosive acid?! Wow, I knew it does emit something, but didn't know that much. What would it be enough for? BTW, is that acid dangerous for our health?
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:The stomach emits Corrosive acid?! Wow, I knew it does emit something, but didn't know that much. What would it be enough for? BTW, is that acid dangerous for our health?

Benn, I think the acid that we're talking here is the Hydrochloric acid (HCL) where it's one of the main substance in our gastric to digest the food...

Have you all people know that the human naturally has to live about 120 years? Yes, that's amazing, but is really true. The point is that we destroy our body and organs during the life, so they get worn that's why people die earlier.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

It's better to live short and as you wish, than live 120 years following all the health rules, which are truly boring.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Haha, in this situation, I will agree with Helen's thought, as I don't want other to take care and worry about me, like I'm kind of crap when I was getting older...

Generally, if we take a look around, we will understand that living your life is harmful! Smile
The air is polluted, the food we eat kills us gradually etc.
That's why I believe we should follow certain rules, but not be fond of them
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

So the position of the body affects the memory... waw!
if you don't rememer something just put one knee to the ground and it will stimulate the brain to work faster.

Did you know that human is the only mammal representative able to draw straight (not curve) lines Confuseduper

Did you know that, during one year, the human eats on average 14 insects Confusedhock:
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

if measured one by one, the total length of hair growing on human's head during his life is about 725 km! Confusedhock:

Our organism can resist a temperature of 44-44.5 degrees celcius, sometimes 45. During a day, human emits so much warmth, that it would be enough to boil 33 liters of water.

Researchers calculated that during our life we consume 2.5 tons of protein, 1.3 tons of fat, 17.5 tons of carbohydrates and 75 tons of water.

Just during 1 minute, about 1.5 liters of blood circulates through your liver. In a day it's roughly 2,000 liters. Confusedhock:

Only one out of 2 billion people will live 116 years. The thigh bone is the biggest and most resistant bone in the human's body. It can resist 1.5 tons of pressure.

A grown-up man makes about 23,000 breathes per day. That is about 150,000 breathes per week. Hard work!

A human DNA contains about 80,000 genes. Roughly 100,000 chemical reactions take place in your brain in just one second.

18 muscles on your face control your smile. During the life, each of our fingers bends about 25 million times.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

enamel of teeth is as hard as quartz. Even sharp swords get blunt if they hit enamel.

Beard grows faster if you're blond and slower if your dark-haired. Overall bacteria in your body weigh roughly 2 kg

People with blue eyes are more sensible to pain as against the rest of people.

An average human scalp has 100,000 pieces of hair.
Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.

Steven Wrote:An average human scalp has 100,000 pieces of hair.
Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.

Steven, it's because 1/3 of the bones have been joined together, when we're growing and getting older! By the way, the total length of nail growing can be reached up to 300km during his/her lifetime!