Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why people may not like you in your office
You probably experienced at least once a situation when you entered your office/workplace and the noise that used to be spread by your co-workers certainly disappeared and everybody calmed down and became silent. You realized that this silence was due to your coming to the workplace. It's very unpleasant to know that somebody doesn't like to talk when they see you. There could be several reasons that negatively influences the attitude towards you. The main reason could be the fact that you like to set right your interlocutor, due to your stubbornness. Showing permanently your wisdom is not quite reasonable, even if you are right. Another reason would be your preference to stay alone - People never see you with your mates at one table having lunch or simply discussing. This fact rejects people's attitude against you.
Remember, people are people, and they want to have normal friends. If you're an workaholic, don't forget about your workmates. Try to share a word with them.
A very essential reason why people avoid you is that you can not keep secrets. Sometimes we want confidentiality, and if you can't keep secrets you can ruin somebody's reputation at your workplace. So be more confidential.
Do you like when somebody standing next to you speaks very loudly on his phone? Certainly not. So, don't do this in your office, since you will simply make everybody nervous.

From my experience the conversation ends in the room only when some boss enters it.. Big Grin

yes MrD, you're right. That's because very few people use to like their directors/bosses/chiefs. But it's a formula inside the human's head - to stop a dialogue when an undesired person stays near. It's 100% true, and if you noticed this behaviour from others against you, this means you'll have to change yourself as nobody likes you.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Silence involves many understandings. So, not necessarily that your mates don't like you if they keep silence. Maybe they are simply shy due to your charisma and power of influencing people. What you should do is to go lower to their level in order to penetrate their circles, and time will solve the rest.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

To women usually prevails, to all is said, - envy. is the biggeste anemy a woman can ever have. So let's try to avoid dear colleagues. Smile

I think, people keep silence when you enter in two cases: they laugh at you this moment, or they hate you a lot and are afraid of you. Both cases are complicated and you need to ask more quastions at yourself, what's happen :geek:

Europe Forum Guest Wrote:I think, people keep silence when you enter in two cases: they laugh at you this moment, or they hate you a lot and are afraid of you. Both cases are complicated and you need to ask more quastions at yourself, what's happen :geek:

I do not want to get in such a situation and also do not wish to anyone this "luck". It is terrible ,because every day will be treated so..
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions