Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme food for extreme tourists
Have you ever eaten extreme and exotic dishes? If so, what were they like?
Here is what you can eat in different countries:

In Vietnam and Cambodia eating crickets is an ordinary thing. They prepare it in boiling oil with garlic and salt.
The Chinese, South Asians and Arabs prefer snakes. Most popular dishes are snake soups, roast snakes. Men drink snake blood for increasing the potency. In China it's also natural to eat swallow nests.
Cockroaches, black beetles, ant eggs are the dishes eaten in Thailand. These are usually added in salads, assortments, different meals.

Sounds strange, but people even eat GOLD. Yes, gold. Germans eat sausages polished with a very thin layer of 14-carat gold. Gold is considered to be good in cleaning your digesting system. Even ancient Greeks used to eat it.

Africa has plenty of exotic food. You can eat there larva, caterpillars, worms. These are kind of soft meals for the Africans.

Cats and dogs are considered to be delicacies in Korea, Taiwan and Kazakhstan. They are fried, boiled, cooked etc. poor doggies :lol:
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Eating gold is a very expensive experience. But if it's really useful for the body, I think at least once a year one can afford eating this substance.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

did you know that almost every sausage contains a bit of silver in it? We are talking about very little quantities, but, sitll, it's true. So eat more sausages.

This image represents a typical Korean dish

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.travel-images.com/koreas36.jpg">http://www.travel-images.com/koreas36.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Returning again to China: there's a dish, called thousand-year old eggs. It's prepared by preserving duck eggs in ash and salt for one-hundred days. This turns the white of the egg a darkish gray color, giving the eggs an ancient appearance.
[Image: PreservedDuckEgg2.jpg]
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

China is a story. Look at these pictures:

[Image: exotic3.jpg]

[Image: exotic4.jpg]

yes yes, these are scorpions fried on stick. Would like one of these? Bon appetit! ;-)

Don't be surprised to see cooked medusa in Chinese restaurants
[Image: yadovitaya-meduza.jpg]
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Koreans also eat ragout made of cat... this is where green peace must be Smile

M.Helen Wrote:Koreans also eat ragout made of cat... this is where green peace must be Smile

yes Helen it's true. Here is a dish made of cat. It's quite popular in Korea
[Image: lap1-600.jpg]

yach... :deg how can they eat cats?? Cry
In South America, especially in Peru, people use to eat turtles.
[Image: stewed-soft-shelled-turtle.jpg]

In Morocco you will eat dishes made of camel Wink
[Image: camel_kabob.jpg]

Crocodile meat is nothing special for any Australian restaurant

[Image: crocodile-meat.jpg]
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Frog meat is eaten allover Africa. Also, in China and India it's an ordinary food
[Image: fried-frog.jpg]
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Beef lovers can not go to India. In India, the cow is considered to be a holy animal, so they don't eat cows. When Indians come to Europe and USA, they are shocked to see how people eat hamburgers in fast food restaurants

Quote:Cats and dogs are considered to be delicacies in Korea, Taiwan and Kazakhstan. They are fried, boiled, cooked etc. poor doggies :lol:
I heard in Chisinau capital of Moldova there are 30,000 stray dogs. They have to invite several hundreds of Koreans and the problem is solved Big Grin, or to sell them dogs.