Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most... on Earth
The longest River is Nile and Amazon. Which one exactly, remains an open question. Nile considered to have 6,695 km in length.

The highest active volcano is Ojos del Salado, at the border between Chili and Argentine. It's height is 6,887m.

The smallest continent is Australia - area 7.614 million sq. km.

The fastest iceberg, 54 km in length, 4.8 km wide and 910 meters high somewhere near Columbia. This iceberg moves with the speed 35 meters a day. You may consider this is very little, but actually it's not. Normally icebergs are either static or move at the speed of 1m/day.

The deepest valley. The Grand Canyon is big, but not as big as the valley near the river Jarpun-Tagbo, crossing Tibet and Bangladesh. It's deepness is about 5,000 meters, which is approximately 3 times deeper than the Grand Canyon's.

What else do you know about the Earth?
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Terry Wrote:The fastest iceberg, 54 km in length, 4.8 km wide and 910 meters high somewhere near Columbia. This iceberg moves with the speed 35 meters a day. You may consider this is very little, but actually it's not. Normally icebergs are either static or move at the speed of 1m/day.

Confusedhock: I wouldn't like to have this iceberg in the vicinity of my house... Jesus Christ!!! 4.8km moving 35 meter per day. In what direction the iceberg is moving btw?

I have 7 more here...

The Largest Ocean on Earth - Pacific (155,557,000 sq km)
The Deepest Trench on Earth - Mariana Trench, Pacific Ocean 35,827 ft
The Deepest Lake on Earth - Baikal, Russian Fed. (5,315 ft)
The Largest Country on Earth - Russia 17,075,400 sq km, (6,592,846 sq miles)
The Smallest Country on Earth - Vatican City 0.44 sq km, (0.17 sq miles)
The Highest Mountain on Earth - Mount Everest 8850m (29035ft) Nepal/China
The Largest Desert on Earth - Sahara, North Africa 3,500,000 sq. miles

will add the biggest desert - Sahara, 3,320,000 square miles.
by the way, Vatican I think is even smaller than Bill Gates' house :lol:

Largest metro areas:

Toyko, Japan 31.2 million
New York City - Philadelphia area, USA 30.1 million
Mexico City, Mexico 21.5 million
Seoul, South Korea 20.15 million
Sao Paulo, Brazil 19.9 million
Jakarta, Indonesia 18.2 million
Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto, Japan 17.6 million
New Delhi, India 17.36 million
Mumbai, India (Bombay) 17.34 million
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Biggest animal on earth - whale. Weighing 200 tons and measuring 30 meters.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

world's future tallest building is being built in Dubai. The building is named Burj Dubai. It's height is going to be 818 meters or 2,684 feet. Expected opening year is 2009.

The largest island in the world is Greenland - (840,004 sq miles) (2,175,600 sq km), followed by New Guinea - (303,381 sq miles) (785,753 sq km) and Borneo - (288,869 sq miles) (748,168 sq km)

This is the tallest tree on Earth. Its height is 368 feet (112.3m). It's similar to a 30-storey building
[Image: 6.jpg]
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Highest mountain peak is Everest Mount - 8,848 meters, followed by Godwin Austen 8,611 and Kangchenjunga with 8,586 m.

Tallest man on Earth lives in Ukraine, it's Leonid Standyk. His height is 8 feet and 5 inches

[Image: tallest1REX0908_468x357.jpg]
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Confusedhock: now that's a giant!

Meet Heather is the tallest woman.Height - 6 feet 5 inches

[Image: tallest-woman-world.jpg]
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Biggest mosquito on Earth was found in Sakhalin, watch this freak

[Image: 1161719147_s__podborka_prikolnyx_fotok_z...oto_32.jpg]
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

The longest road in the world is Pan-American Highway. It has 24,140 Km (15,000 Miles) Starts from Alaska and ends in Brazil.

The most beautiful girl in the world (according to MIss world competition 2008) is Ksenia Sukhinova, from Russia.

[Image: 800px-Miss_World_08_winner_Ksenia_Sukhinova.jpg]

Amazon's forest is the world's largest forest, with 5,500,000 km² area.

[Image: Amazon_rainforest.jpg]

Liechtenstein is the world's richest country, with the Gross Domestic Product of $118,000 per capita

Burundi is the poorest country in the world, with only $90 GNP (Gross National Product) per capita.

The longest bridge on Earth is 23.87 miles (38.42 km) longs. It's in US and crosses Metairie, Louisiana, a suburb of New Orleans. North ultimately is Mandeville, Louisiana.
[Image: lake-pontchartrain-causeway-bridge.jpg]

In Antarctica, Plateau Station, the temperatures can plummet to -119.23°F (-84°C)

Milan is the most fashionable city in the world. All year round, this city is crowded with beautiful-looking girls, guys. If you're wearing cheap fake Chinese clothes, Milan is not a place for you.

watch the biggest whirlpool ever, you'll be shocked
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8vA9jBEFk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8vA9jBEFk</a><!-- m -->

Silicone Valley is the largest place in the world that garners the most famous computer-related businesses, such as
* Adobe Systems
* Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
* Agilent Technologies
* Apple Inc.
* Applied Materials
* Business Objects
* Cisco Systems
* eBay
* Google
* Hewlett-Packard
* Intel
* Intuit
* Juniper Networks
* LSI Logic
* National Semiconductor
* NetApp
* Nvidia
* Oracle Corporation
* SanDisk
* Sun Microsystems
* Symantec
* Yahoo!

Biggest crocodile roaming Earth was caught in Australia, in 1957. An Indo-pacific crocodile 28 feet 4 inches long!

Bill Gates is not the richest man on Earth, as many believe. A Mexican, Carlos Slim is, having above $60 billion

[Image: 8_0229race.jpg]