Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidelines for creative communication.
I don't know if the word creative is the best word for the concept I want to develop here.
Anyway the goal of this idea is to develop some simple communication tools and principles that will help people better understand each other.

I will give an extreme example so that the idea is more clear:
Many will not agree with me but, I believe that truly understanding someone is accepting him. Even when someone does evil things we do not accept that person because we don't fully understand why he does it, this lack of understanding is very frustrating and often results in labeling the person as evil or crazy. Very often the result that the "evil" person wants to achieve are positive and good results, but the only way to achieve these results that the person knows about are those "evil ways" we see in his behavior.
If we had the ability to fully understand the inner experiences of a man that lead to his socially undesirable behavior we could help him discover new positive ways of achieving the same thing.

Here there are some tips for a successful communication <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/blog/communication/tips-for-better-communication/">http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/blog/com ... unication/</a><!-- m -->
1.Avoid unnecessary words
2.Speak clearly.
3.Be wary of speaking harshly.
4.Avoiding unnecessary communication.
5.Method of Communication
6. Difficult Communication.
7.It’s not what you Say, but how you Say it.
8.Give the person your undivided attention.
Know some more? Please provide us with a useful information.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Successful Communication
Regardless of the type of relationship you have with another person, it is essential that you be able to communicate effectively. This means you need to know how to deliver a message and how to listen to someone else’s message.

When Doing the Talking

* Be aware of your motivation. Know why you are beginning the conversation and what you want to accomplish.
* Use "I" language.
* Limit your conversation to one concern at a time. Discussions are often a form of criticism so be careful not to overwhelm your listener.
* Choose the right time and place. Select a time and location (neutral turf) where there will not be interruptions, as well as, one in which you feel emotionally calm.
* Temper criticism with praise. Always begin the conversation on a positive note and then move into the issue at hand.
* Nurture small steps towards change. Change takes time so be patient. When you notice a change praise the other person.
* Make specific requests. Share with the listener exactly what you want and/or expect.
* Avoid "why" questions. "Why" puts people on the defense and is perceived as negative criticism. Rewording the question can be tricky but also save a lot of unnecessary arguing.
* Express anger appropriately. Make certain you direct your anger toward the behavior or issue, not the person.
* Listen. Pay close attention to the response(s) you receive. Then, think about what you want to say next before you actually open your mouth.

When Doing the Listening

* Empathize with the communicator. You don’t have to agree but express you care.
* Paraphrase. Repeat back to the communicator what you heard in your own words.
* Acknowledge the concern and find something to agree with. This does not mean you are saying the other person is right but rather that you understand the concern.
* Ask clarifying questions. If you are confused, ask questions.
* Express your feelings. Let the other person know how you feel about what has been shared.
* Focus on future changes. You will both likely need to make some changes so discuss them and come to an agreement.

Remember, in conversation to always…

* Maintain eye contact.
* Be aware of non-verbal messages. If you find someone looking away, fidgeting, avoiding feedback, yawning, or behaving in any way that clearly says, "I’m not listening," end the conversation and arrange a better time to meet and try again.
* Provide feedback. Express you are listening by paraphrasing or sharing your feelings.
* Support the other’s effort. Give them a smile, a nod or perhaps some words of encouragement like "I’m listening, continue."
* Express unconditional positive regard. Explain that know matter what is said, you will respect the other for their honesty and willingness to communicate.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ncsu.edu/health_promotion/Stress/communication.html">http://www.ncsu.edu/health_promotion/St ... ation.html</a><!-- m -->

How to communicate with body language:
It is often said that in face-to-face communications regarding emotions, the words we speak actually account for less than 10% of the message that we convey, while body language accounts for more than half of our message (our tone of voice supposedly communicates the rest). Body language is important, and if your words say one thing but your body says another, the person you are speaking to is more likely to believe the message your body is communicating. Here's how to start using body language to improve your day-to-day communications and, more importantly, to improve your quality of life.

:-P :-P :-P
i think for succesful communication person should try to be a succesful speaker by himself.. he should develope the intellect end the morality values and to be satisfied by himself.
when you are satisfied by yourself you have a good mood and are open for the circumguration. every bodн is streaching to you , he found you interesting,and wants to know you better.
you should try to give something useful and good for person and sincerely to help him, you should be opened by your soul))) Smile Smile Smile

Truely said "truly understanding someone is accepting him". I completely agree with you. But for creative communication you need to be a successful speaker. One must be clear in thoughts, expression, simple. One one with whom your frequency matches can truely understand you.

Hello all,

Effective communication is very important in any field you are. If you are not able to communicate with people then you don't get success in your field.
Some important tips for creative communication are:

1- The first thing that is very important choose the right moment and the right place to talk.
2- Get interested in other people.
3- Body Language and Tone.
4- Listen at least two times more than you talk and also think before you speak.
5- Understand that your worth never changes.
6- Follow the step-ladder to success.
7- Open up a person’s heart.
8- Be clear about the purpose of the communication.
9- Organize and clarify ideas in your mind before you attempt to communicate them.
10- And at last thank the person or group for the time taken to listen and respond.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi there
I am based in Scotland and it is great there is a forum like this for people to communicate and get lots of support
Hi there
I present radio shows aimed at inspiring people to live happy and fulfilled lives and communicate more effectively
I thought you might be interested to hear some of my interviews with leading coaches and experts covering lots of different areas from stressing less to how to be more charismatic and confident in social situations
You can hear them here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.maritzaduncan.com/interviews.html">http://www.maritzaduncan.com/interviews.html</a><!-- m -->
All the best
Maritza