Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% inflation!!!
Yes, this is the latest economic data registered in Zimbabwe. This inflation rate was registered on February 4, 2009 and it's 5 sextilion (21 zeros)percents. This level of inflation leaves no place for imagination to interpret it.
Just an example, imagine that on January 1 the bread is $1, this means that by the end of the year, the same bread will cost $5 sextilion. Impossible? No, it's possible - Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Zimbabwe Confuseduper
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

This figure is beyond our understanding. I think all of you should take a look at this picture in order to understand the consequences of this inflation. This man holds one US dollar in his hands
[Image: zimbawe-money.jpg]
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Yes, Zimbabwe's economy is something... This is a barter economy already.
They have started printing 100 billion dollar bill. Can you imagine this?
[Image: 672501.bin]
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

:lol: they all must be good mathematicians. How in the world this is possible? I mean are the Zimbabwe authorities so incompetent that they allowed this to happen? Does it give answer to which is the stupidest nation in the world?
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Terry Wrote::lol: they all must be good mathematicians. How in the world this is possible? I mean are the Zimbabwe authorities so incompetent that they allowed this to happen? Does it give answer to which is the stupidest nation in the world?
Don't know, Terry :quoi
But I think this obviously gives an answer to what country is not affected at all by the world crisis. :lol:
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

The printed paper is even more expensive than the value printed on this money. I guess it is profitable to give one dollar, buy kilograms of this paper and sell it.

Faw_Peter Wrote:The printed paper is even more expensive than the value printed on this money. I guess it is profitable to give one dollar, buy kilograms of this paper and sell it.

yes, I know that. I've even once thought about importing this money from Zimbabwe as paper for recycling, but, taking into consideration the expenditures for road... no... it's not profitable. Unfortunately Zimbabwe is not in the centre of Europe. :-)
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

About 7 million people in Zimbabwe suffer from hunger. This is more than a half of the total population (13.5 million). I see the solution only in cutting again several zeros.

M.Helen Wrote:About 7 million people in Zimbabwe suffer from hunger. This is more than a half of the total population (13.5 million). I see the solution only in cutting again several zeros.
no, the solution is in allowing foreign currency circulate inside their economy. And has already been officially allowed by Zimbabwe authorities recent days. But inflation reducing will take time.

these money are so poor in quality. The paper is very cheap. There are no real protecting signs, so if you have a printer you can easily print this money, nobody will pay attention to whether they are genuine or fake.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Terry Wrote:these money are so poor in quality. The paper is very cheap. There are no real protecting signs, so if you have a printer you can easily print this money, nobody will pay attention to whether they are genuine or fake.
well you're gonna need a printer from the stone age, since no printer would accept that bad paper :-)
Yet, I doubt anybody would understand the difference. They invent new types of banknotes everyday and people never get use to stability.

A tourist could probably buy the entire country if he takes, let's say, 500 dollars with him. Dollars, euros are probably invaluable goods in Zimbabwe.

On March 29, in Zimbabwe will take place presidential and parliamentary elections. I think people are confused there and don't really know who deserves to be elected... A lot of things were stolen there by the so-called authorities or officials.

I think it'll be enough if any European manager comes and start ruling the country. I mean basic knowledge in combination with fairness are more than enough to stop that hyperinflation.

Zimbawbwe's hyperinflation has been stopped due to the introduction of dollar in circulation.
Prices as measured by the all-items consumer price index decreased an average of 3.1 percent from January 2009 to February 2009

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inflation in the UK reached 3% within 13 months Faw_Peter 3 4,919 05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Terry