Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Croatia and Albania join NATO
Ambassadors of both countries participated at the ceremony in Washington.

The two countries joined the rest 26 NATO members.

Also the Alliance celebrates 60 years anniversary since its foundation. Albania Prime Minister, Sali Berisha and Croatia Prime Minister, Ivo Sanader will accompany the celebration.

In what way do you think this could influence the state of things in Europe?

NATO extended its influence. Now Albania and Croatia will boost their chances to join the European Union, as being a country that is completely safe from the military point of view.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

When I heard this news first, I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke. But no, they really joined NATO. But I don't really see the point of these two small countries in making that big step. What for? Neither Croatia nor Albania have no potential enemy-countries.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

USA must be very happy of having new allies. Should we be worried that NATO's power increase as the tensions in the world grow. In my opinion NATO is more likely to generate conflicts rather than establish and ensure peace. I wouldn't like that it goes further than Romanian border.

They could have joined even earlier. But, the problem was Slovenia, which was timing with the decision on allowing them. So, on March 3 Slovenia was the last, 26th country which approved these countries' joining.

Instead of calming down thesituation in EUrope, this only makes it tougher. Croatia and Albania follow to be dwelled by NATO bases. Is that fair? Do Albanians and Croatians really want that?

Like it was said in one Russian film.- Father, I became a knight!
- No knight, you became a servant.
The best political regime for the nation is a regime which was saved this nation like an entire one. (M. Montein)

Servants? You're calling servants the NATO member-countries? I don't know what's your point, but it's better to be a servant "working and living under a safe environment" rather than being a knight who could die tomorrow.

Laurentine Wrote:Servants? You're calling servants the NATO member-countries? I don't know what's your point, but it's better to be a servant "working and living under a safe environment" rather than being a knight who could die tomorrow.

I wouldn't call the NATO environment safe. I would rather say it's dangerous. Peaceful countries don't want to join NATO, they are forced just due to avoiding bad relationship with the USA.

Finland-is not a NATO member, it has common border with Russia, and it was an aggression from our side in the 1939. But it feels it self safety without any NATO.Why? I don't know. Just try to understand the great countries do not join to the alliances, they create them.
The best political regime for the nation is a regime which was saved this nation like an entire one. (M. Montein)

As a whole, Scandinavians are exceptional nations. They are famous for their unique and correct policy of being independent - I mean not interfering others affairs and not allowing others interfere their internal affairs.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

good news not bad at all....

razaaqc Wrote:good news not bad at all....
Prove, why do you think so? I personally disagree that it is not bad, because those who join NATO want war... they offer to Americans their lands to build bases, hence building bases is not intended for peace but for war.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Croatia will enter in EU in 2010-11 Sand Alchemist 3 7,902 01-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Last Post: koalla
  Role of NATO in modern world? John 34 24,904 11-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Aphrodite
  Tomorrow, Russia joins EU and NATO! sektor_Gaza 0 17,036 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: