Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Air Conditioners
Traditional air conditioners are expensive and use a lot of energy. A small air conditioner will use on average 2kw per hour.

Are there any other cheaper and greener methods to cool my house?

I think the cheapest method is not to use the air conditioner at all, but to open the window at night and the room will cool down until morning.

There is a way to create a cheaper air conditioner. It should work whether on sun energy or on the wind energy. In this way you could keep cool yourself not damaging the environment.

Nathan Wrote:There is a way to create a cheaper air conditioner. It should work whether on sun energy or on the wind energy. In this way you could keep cool yourself not damaging the environment.
I do not think that is reasonable because must to connect many solar batteries to give a power necessary to a conditioner! nor yet I have not heard that there is invented one

If ventilation were possible only by opening the window probably would not have invented the conditioner. If you want to save money and not to consume a lot of energy buy a fan Smile
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Terry,
An excellent point. If you ever travel to Anatolia (and parts of Iran once that place calms down a bit) you can see a great (and ancient) architectural technique called Badghir that exploits the Coanda effect (and I know that you know all about that guy). Badghir can be translated as "wind catcher" or "air trap." I'm sure there's a wiki on it. Plus their rural/desert houses are built in specially designed clusters with passive cooling patterns that are mindful of the orientation of house, inclination and whitening of roof, etc.
In a lot of desert and "swamp" locations they also use evaporative coolers also known as swamp coolers, desert coolers, or air coolers. I'm sure there are wikis on all those. Reminds me a bit of sailing - the Greek trireme could sustain 12 knots for 48 hours, Viking long ships and Polynesian boats explored millions of square miles of ocean w/o ever burning one ml of petrol.

When you are required by the situation you find the most brilliant ideas. In general our ancestors were ingenious people. Today we simply modernize what they have invented ... ;-)

If you really wanted a cheaper air condition the best solution to it is not to use your air condition or you can just buy a small electric fan or else if you want you can buy a fan. Big Grin

Air conditioning is the regulation of indoor temperature and atmospheric cleanliness. The term ‘air conditioning’ is generally used to refer to cooling, usually in cars, however the process can also be used to increase temperatures as well. In both cases, heat pump air conditioning is the most energy efficient way of alternating indoor temperatures. Heat pumps eliminate the need for separate heating and cooling systems as both actions can be carried out by one unit. Another environmental advantage of air conditioning by a heat pump is the relatively low carbon dioxide output.

Hi ,

If you are asking about the cooling just as traditional air conditioner then I would say sorry its not possible at all but if you want the best and cheaper air freshener/filter then I can suggest you a brand, its Aprilaire air filters. They can give you fresh air so that you remain cool !!!!! Smile Smile

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A fan will only move air, it will not cool air.

What can be done is to take a piece of cloth and suspend it in a bucket of water and then let the fan play on that.

The water evaporates and cools because when a liquid evaporates it draws heat from its surroundings (latent heat of change of state) but the downside is that what results is an increase in humidity within the room.

You can use some solar panels to generate electrical energy to run your air conditioner or some of your ceiling fans. I am using a 50 watts solar panel for my 1/2 hp air conditioner in my room. In some tropical countries like the Philippines, they are using a solar energized air conditioners in most of the houses. There are also green homes there in which large windows are built in order to welcome or let large amount of air inside the house.

Geothermal heating and air conditioning systems are one of the eco-friendly and innovative technologies that so recommended. They can be functioned as a heat sink during hottest months and as a heat source in the coldest months!

Just sharing my opinion.
Thank you.
[Image: small-air-conditioner.jpg]
ac