Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personality and profession choice
One of the most important decisions you have to take over your life is choosing the profession. Professional success depends largely on the relationship between personality factors and job content. In the ideal variant the best would be the profession in which the activities are those that like most, to which you are naturally inclinat, in which content will work up the interest and that have the knowledge and professional skills required. Yet ideal, the desire and opportunities, in real life,have not too common roads ... and then what to do?

Career consultants can provide a picture outside on your career path, helping you identify your strong points, issues to be developed, to plan next steps and to take decisions or exceed most difficult moments over the years professional life.

I think in every deal, you should be single-minded. Every deed need professionals and if you will be that professional- people will need you.That is why we should attend in the deeds we like :|

Sometimes I feel I am stuck with this programming job. I wish I had a job that requires me to travel places.
All that glitters is gold

I think that parents have a huge influence in this area. even when they are small children should analyze what he likes, favorite games, what talents have, so to develop it's talents, to join him at different courses and when he will grow up already will have formed a desire in a work field
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Steven Wrote:I think that parents have a huge influence in this area. even when they are small children should analyze what he likes, favorite games, what talents have, so to develop it's talents, to join him at different courses and when he will grow up already will have formed a desire in a work field
I am absolutly agree with you. If a child have choose of activities in the childhood he used to think what does he likes, he used to work. And when he is grown up he have a conception about possible activity :roll:

Steven Wrote:I think that parents have a huge influence in this area. even when they are small children should analyze what he likes, favorite games, what talents have, so to develop it's talents, to join him at different courses and when he will grow up already will have formed a desire in a work field

I agree with Steven... parents must guide their children into the right direction. Only they know inclinations towards a certain area of their children.

Riser Wrote:I agree with Steven... parents must guide their children into the right direction. Only they know inclinations towards a certain area of their children.
But every child seems himself in his own way. And even such close people as our parents can't understand what exactly their child needs. That is why child should be the last person, who decide his destiny and not his parents.

hellodear Wrote:But every child seems himself in his own way. And even such close people as our parents can't understand what exactly their child needs. That is why child should be the last person, who decide his destiny and not his parents.
I agree - when I was younger people had all kinds of ideas about what I should do, but none of them considered that I wanted to earn money in a stable job Smile

It was the same with careers advisors: they advise you to study a subject that you are good at, but they do not take into account what you enjoy, or what you want in your personal life :roll:

They also classify you as "good at science" or "good at art," and so you never explore careers that span many disciplines (like architecture, or scientific illustration).

As I have gotten older, I have found that my personality has changed. Consequently, I am rethinking my profession. I advise younger people to keep some flexibility in their career, in case this happens to them too!

hellodear Wrote:But every child seems himself in his own way. And even such close people as our parents can't understand what exactly their child needs. That is why child should be the last person, who decide his destiny and not his parents.

on something general we can not analyze thebehavior of all children. Are children who know what profession to choose, but are children who have no idea about what to do in the future. If you are a Known lowyer and your daughter would choose to be or be Fermer or barmen / waitress because she likes it ... you will agree with her choice?

Big_Becka Wrote:
hellodear Wrote:But every child seems himself in his own way.
As I have gotten older, I have found that my personality has changed. Consequently, I am rethinking my profession. I advise younger people to keep some flexibility in their career, in case this happens to them too!

And if he has no idea what to do in the future, do not know what profession he likes? Leave him to do nothing until the mind will come in his head? however children must be guided if they know or do not know, and to support them in their choice.

FreeThinker Wrote:Sometimes I feel I am stuck with this programming job. I wish I had a job that requires me to travel places.

And what mix up you to change your professional way? You can do some training courses and become tourist guide for e.g
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I went through this stage of life. But, do not know good or how bad, parents have not influenced nor helped me choosing the profession. I had moral support as in any election, but I think that would have been better if I received and advice from them. But likely it was so to be!

Faw_Peter Wrote:I went through this stage of life. But, do not know good or how bad, parents have not influenced nor helped me choosing the profession. I had moral support as in any election, but I think that would have been better if I received and advice from them. But likely it was so to be!

Now you will know from your own experience what you need to do in the future for your children in such moments at their turn Confuseduper
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:
Faw_Peter Wrote:I went through this stage of life. But, do not know good or how bad, parents have not influenced nor helped me choosing the profession. I had moral support as in any election, but I think that would have been better if I received and advice from them. But likely it was so to be!

Now you will know from your own experience what you need to do in the future for your children in such moments at their turn Confuseduper

Hmm, but please don't advise them too much that it feels like their options are being tightened. I studied engineering because my father was an engineer and wanted me to become one and I was good at mathematics. I guess if I had taken arts I might have really enjoyed my job, but it's too late now.

My mother is a dentist. I was the smallest in the family and my mum always take me with her to the office. Such as small I started looking into what I see often at mother work and when It came to chose I knew that dentistry is the profession and my field, and behold I have a year to become a doctor, a dentist
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:My mother is a dentist. I was the smallest in the family and my mum always take me with her to the office. Such as small I started looking into what I see often at mother work and when It came to chose I knew that dentistry is the profession and my field, and behold I have a year to become a doctor, a dentist

That's nice. Congratulations! Smile

Hello,
i know only one thing about my personality and profession choice that my guide told me and that one i want to share with you.

"Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do. With such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling."

Regards,

olivia Wrote:"Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do. With such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling."

Yes, may be true in a spiritual point of view, but with the spirit and pleasure not really succeed to maintain the family, and that matters more than your personal satisfaction.

When your personality matches with your job it pays. In real life the desire and opportunities hardy meet. A perfect job would be your interest, your personality are naturally inclined.
In reality we strive to accept the way life comes and try to give our best. We try to mould and look for happiness in what we get and carve lot more using our ways in what we have.

Everyone has personality, it is develop along with person's growing. All the emotions and feelings whith which a person confrunts all his/her life all of this influence his/her life and his/her personality. Of course it is not the only one factor that influence the person's personality, there is also the influence of parents genuine.
Regarding the profession i think all the person who decided to learn a specific domain, a specific specialization should listen his/her heart because on that decission depend all his/her life. If it (work) will not be done with love and pleasure all the life work will be boring.

Some people knows what would be their profession from childhood,and I anvy them a little))) It is such a good thing to know your place on Earth! It is very important to find your profession, to do right choice.When you work with pleasure, it becomes the deed of all your life, you do the best and succeed! You become a true professional.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DO UNDEVELOPED SKILLS MARK YOUR PERSONALITY? euigorwithyou 0 4,388 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Split Personality disorder Terry 0 1,813 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: