Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I become a legitimate travel agent?
Has anyone ever been a travel agent or known a travel agent that made alot of money or that owned any kind of travel business and was successful? I would like to know what kind of license I need in order to be a legitimate travel agent. I am based in New York. Is there are school I need to go to or training online. What company should I affiliate myself with? Any travel agents, please give me the low down. Thanks.

First learn other languages at least one and get a Travel Agent course. In here they teach you how to book a flight etc. I studied Galileo (GDS) and Amadeus for years ago but since I haven't used it I already forgot it now.

Hello

1) Realize that larger travel agencies may require an agent to have a liberal arts or business degree.
2) Learn to speak a second language. This skill is invaluable for a travel agent, especially in agencies that focus on international travel.
3) Take a 6-to-12-week travel agent course at a community college to learn the basics of the career.
4) Consider working as a ticketing agent to gain solid experience in the travel industry.
5) Become as computer literate as possible - travel agents conduct much of their business via computer.
6) Check with your state's Department of Commerce for any registration or certification requirements for travel agents.

Have a great day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions to Ask a Travel Agent Before Booking a Trip charles 1 7,216 09-18-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: jullybina
  How do I become a legitimate travel agent? BenjaminRCarr 0 3,782 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: