Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consequences of smoking
Is smoking really so dangerous for our health? I know people who have been smoking their whole lives and they are now alive and healthy! Moreover, I know people who don't smoke, and they have a very weak organism, always catch diseases! I don't know what to think

they are probably simply lucky persons, indeed smoking injures your health
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I agree, smoking may cause injury in your health... :mrgreen:

Lets put it this way. More than 90% of all lung cancer patients are (ex)smokers. But if you look at smokers there are much lower percentage of lung cancer among them, but it is very significant in comparision to non-smokers. Also there are other helth problems than lung cancer.

It is real helth issue without doubt. It is better to take a brick and beng yourself in head with it then to smoke a cigar, and it is as much irrational as to have a smoke Smile
who can forbid God to use evolution as his own instrument of creation ?

Smoking cause serios health consequences not only to you,but also to the persons that are near you :-(
Especially serios is the case of smoking mothers-the child from the yearly years inhale nicotine and other unhealthy substances,and this causes serios health problems to this children,increase the probability of lung cancer,etc Cry

Andrewz Wrote:Is smoking really so dangerous for our health? I know people who have been smoking their whole lives and they are now alive and healthy! Moreover, I know people who don't smoke, and they have a very weak organism, always catch diseases! I don't know what to think
You can be strong and still have cancer... It's a matter of DNA change.
Smoking continuously destroys the DNAs in the smoker lung surface cells, and the body is always trying to rebuild them.. so if this happens often enough statistically there is a bigger chance that the body will miss some cells or will not have enough substances in one moment to rebuild them, so a cell with altered DNA starts it's own life...

I smoke, but at the same time I'm a sportsman in a very good shape. Smoking is not a problem for me
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

terry,feeling well doesn't mean you are healthy.
and if you are ok with smoking,it doesn't mean it doesn't affect(in a bad way) the people that surrounds you

nobody complains about that, but anyway I'm trying not to bother them with my smoke , so that's ok
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Smokers often says that they enjoy in the smoke, but they forgot what is the feeling when you do not use cigarettes at all, when you don't think about it and even forget about it's existence... Then you stoumble to a smoker who wrappes you with that stinking and greesy smoke. Caugh, caugh, caugh :deg

maybe you are right. Are you personally bothered by smokers?

I don't understand. What do you mean?

I mean do you smoke, or are you bother by smokers?

Watch this guys, it will help you:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIeF5LjaDk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIeF5LjaDk</a><!-- m -->
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I did smoke until 1995 two packs a day. I even smoke one or two cigarets sometimes, but I am not a smoker.

... I know, I know, :roll: ex-smokers, are the worst of all... but it is because they saw both sides and now can rationalize.

it's a good thing you managed to quit smoking. How did you do that?

I have decided and had strong will.

that's great, you must teach others to do that.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

The illustration of some consequences:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://play.md/video/110c8aaf-d288-4ad1-bb21-2b1c1722b821">http://play.md/video/110c8aaf-d288-4ad1 ... 1c1722b821</a><!-- m -->
;-)

now that's a scary movie, but it's a little exaggerated for making people cease smoking. It's normal

Terry,the movie isn't exaggerated,these are real consequences of smoking,accept the fact that smoking affects our health ;-)

sure it does, I'll tell you a joke:
A young guy from a NGO (non-governmental organization) arranged a survey for smokers. He stopped a man and asked him:
"Do you smoke?"
"Yes, for already 8 years" the man answered
Then the guy asks "How many ciggaretes a day?"
"Well, about 30-40" said the man.
Trying to look smart, the guy said "Do you know that if didn't smoke all these years and saved the money you had spent on cigarettes you could buy, let's say, that car (pointing with the finger to a new BMW)"
"Hmm..., and what about you? said the man. Do you smoke?"
"NO!" claimed the guy
"And do you have a car?" continued the man
"Ahhh, no." he answered
"Ohh, it's a pity, you know what, I smoke, and that car is mine" said the man, approaching that new BMW

verry funny joke Terry,but unafortunately life is different from jokes.that man won't exchange his BMW for health,and his car won't help him when he will have lung cancer....

do you know anybody who smokes and has lung cancer? I don't think so. Neither I do. My father smoked for 35 years, I've been smoking for 15 and I feel great Confuseduper

Did you know that the gene of bent to smoking might be inherited. Probably your ancestors were smokers and this is why you also smoke. If this gene is transmited to your child, the probability he will also start smoking is higher that 50%

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turkey bans smoking Steven 28 20,547 11-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Steven