Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to wear on a first date ??
Hello friends

Tips for women:
# Keep jewelery to a bare minimum. Lots of jewelery will make you cheap.
# Don't overdo it with the makeup. Always remember less is definitely more.
# Avoid brightly colored nail polishes and lip sticks.
# Avoid hair spray, it is just not nice.
# Go easy with the perfume, if you can smell it strongly, then you have put too much on.
# Don't wait until the last minute to shop for an outfit. Doing this will stress you out and you don't need that on the day of your date.
# If you blush or get flushed when you drink alcohol then it is a good idea to use a color correcting base (green colored foundation).

Tips for men
# If you don't feel comfortable wearing a suit then don't wear one, you will looking uncomfortable and uptight and it might make your date feel that is it them making you feel like that.
# Always look like you have made an effort and be as smart as possible. Looking like you have not bothered will come across arrogant and is insulting to your date.
# Remember that less is more so minimize jewelery and aftershave.
# Wet under arms are never attractive so always wear anti-perspiration deodorant.
# Only wear sandals if you have very good feet, if in doubt then avoid.
# Do not try to impress your date with your knowledge of fashion, especially if you have no idea what you are talking about; remember they might know more than you.

Thanks for reading

I am a woman but I never followed some rules at the first date ... I think the principal is to be liked as person with clean and ironed clothes, and of course not to be flashy or too sexy dressed because you can be wrong appreciated or misunderstood... Smile
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I agree M.Helen - it is best to look neat and tidy. All too often you see girls on a date in shoes that don't fit or a bra that keeps falling down :haha

Colin, there's an episode of 'Futurama' where Bender suggests that girls should wear MORE lipstick, because men like trashy girls ;-) I have seen perfume used to gas a man into submission...

Do men really not like bright nail varnish? I think it looks cute :-) I always used to have orange and green and blue nails when I was 18 :roll:

And men should NEVER EVER wear sandals! Especially not with socks! Perhaps if you are on holiday in a very hot location... Even then, try to avoid them!

I think better rule for first date is to be yourself, there should not be things like impressing someone, you should look naturally, to feel like always, be just in the way that you are, because you are special and beautiful without that special wearing and make-up.

If I would have a first date with a girl I surely had a suit and a very clean shoes. Also I would never forgot to take a big beautiful bouquet of flowers, and I think that it would be roses, I know that girls are loving them very much, so I think in that way a girl would like me for sure.

I think the best rule for a first date is to just be yourself - where am I. You shouldn't try to impress anyone, and you should look and feel like you do every day. Just be who you are, because you are special and beautiful as you are.

(12-05-2009, 07:30 AM)colin Wrote: Hello friends

Tips for women:
# Keep jewelery to a bare minimum. Lots of jewelery will make you cheap.
# Don't overdo it with the makeup. Always remember less is definitely more.
# Avoid brightly colored nail polishes and lip sticks.
# Avoid hair spray, it is just not nice.
# Go easy with the perfume, if you can smell it strongly, then you have put too much on.
# Don't wait until the last minute to shop for an outfit. Doing this will stress you out and you don't need that on the day of your date.
# If you blush or get flushed when you drink alcohol then it is a good idea to use a color correcting base (green colored foundation).

Tips for men
# If you don't feel comfortable wearing a suit then don't wear one, you will looking uncomfortable and uptight and it might make your date feel that is it them making you feel like that.
# Always look like you have made an effort and be as smart as possible. Looking like you have not bothered will come across arrogant and is insulting to your date.
# Remember that less is more so minimize jewelery and aftershave.
# Wet under arms are never attractive so always wear anti-perspiration deodorant.
# Only wear sandals if you have very good feet, if in doubt then avoid.
# Do not try to impress your date with your knowledge of fashion, especially if you have no idea what you are talking about; remember they might know more than you.

Thanks for reading

I must appreciate you for sharing these tips here which will prove useful for readers. In fact, I will share these tips with my friends who are going to enjoy their first date.