Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disadvantages of online dating ??
Hello friends

Disadvantages of Online Dating
1. The number one problem with online dating is the ability to tell whether the person you are talking to is really who they say they are. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but they are not necessarily of the person you are speaking with. Many online daters have dealt this disadvantage to online dating. You may think you are speaking to a 25 year old gentleman with a gorgeous picture, when in fact he is a 45 year old, grey and balding man who uploaded a 20 year old picture of himself. Because of this unpreventable online dating flaw, never get your hopes up too high and never let your guard down until you are 100% positive you are talking to the person you think you are.
2. It can be difficult to really get to know if you are attracted to a person over the computer. Our level of attraction is based on many qualities, some of which simply cannot be relayed through textual communication and still photos. Facial expressions, quirky behaviorism, head-to-toe appearance, personal hygiene and many other factors may come into play.
3. Like the advantage of online dating that allows you to meet people you would not have met otherwise, this also works in reverse. Limiting yourself to online dating restricts your potential relationship to other individuals who are able to spend a good deal of time on the computer. More active, hard working people won’t often have this kind of time on their hands.

Thanks for reading

disadvantages occur when a person posing as someone else. if you exclude this situation I do not see any downside; are even more benefits! everyone has the right to decide for himself whether good or not! I for example, i'm not against and do not see more disadvantages than advantages .. but vice versa Smile

Oh, you are very very right! Sometimes is difficult to understand person, because you don't see his face,eyes,emotions.When you speak online,you create an image by yourself and that is tha main danger for you, it is a trap. I think that online dating has a happy end rather rarely. You can't change alive conversation on conversation online. But from the other hand,it is a play what vary our daily life))) Why not?))

I agree, Laurentine! It's fun to chat and flirt with guys online :-) There's no harm in it Wink

I signed up to an online dating agency a couple of years ago, just out of curiosity. Some hideous men emailed me! :haha Most of them looked like criminals, and were much older than they claimed to be :roll: But there and again, I probably didn't look like they imagined either ;-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the pros and cons of online dating?? nicky47 0 2,572 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Tips For Successful Online Dating mrplayer18 0 1,967 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: