Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safari - is it dangerous?
safari is an overland journey, usually a trip by tourists to Africa, traditionally for a big-game hunt; today the term often refers to a trip taken not for the purposes of hunting, but to observe and photograph animals and other wildlife.
Do you think it can be dangerous? Are there some rules to respect?

Of course it is dangerous because you are on the territory of the predators and you don't have the guarantee that they will not attack you during your visit there. There are some rules that need to be respected before going there. Also you should have an guide that will tell you what is bad and what is good to do there.

There are a lot of rules to respect when going on safari. it is the most dangerous journey in the world, because you are on risk to be attacked by real animals, from different kind of poisonous insects to big dangerous animals like tigers or lions.

Yes, it is dangerous because there are so many ferocious and dangerous animals and we have to follow the precautions of the tourist guide.

It might seem dangerous, but as long as you are with well-trained guides from a professional company, I think it is a pretty safe venture. Be careful of peddling company trying to lure you into 'local' tours, as their has been several robberies and unfortunate events.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
"Live for today, tomorrow may never come" Atlas America

Yes, I think an unsupervised safari with inexperienced travelers can be dangerous . But a safari tour with a reputable company is probably not and I would go that way....

Hello everyone!!
I see, that you say safari is dangerous.. Thats scares me a little bit.. I would love to go to Africa to Safari... Have any of you really done Safari? How was it? Which company you booked it from?

It is dangerous.When we went for safari trip in Kenya.One of the guys in our group had been booked on an entirely different safari which was to include lodge accommodation. Unfortunately the lodge was an hour away from our campsite which meant the driver had to speed through the game drive to get him to his bed before sunset and then absolutely fly back through the park to get back to the campground before the cut-off of 7 pm (apparently they risk fines for being in the park so late). We were sitting on 60 miles an hour in darkness honking at zebra and wildebeest to get of the way, taking back roads which were extremely bumpy and risking crashing at all times.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US Visas | US Immigration Forms

No i don't think so, Safari is dangerous.If it is so then think about biking,riding, tracking ...etc.important is how your plan your trip and how much your travel guide is efficient or have local knowledge. :livre

spanish villas, villa rental ibiza

It depends upon person, the person who loves jungle safari doesn't worry about danger. He wants to make it memorable. Exploring Africa on safari is obviously more environmentally friendly than ripping across its delicate natural eco-systems in 4x4 vehicles and there's something much more blissful and much more respectful about riding through national parks on safari. An African riding holiday safari will give you variation beyond your wildest imagination! You'll experience the delight of superb safari as well as informative and friendly company. The terrain will change as you ride across large areas in outstanding countryside dotted with wild game. On safari you will experience quiet calming walks, then you'll be stalking big game and on to cantering along rivers drinking in the bird life and sometimes even galloping across the savannah.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US Visas | US Immigration Forms