Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pest control
Pest control refers to the regulation or management of a species defined as a pest, usually because it is perceived to be detrimental to a person's health, the ecology or the economy.

san antonio pest control is at least as old as agriculture, as there has always been a need to keep crops free from pests. In order to maximize food production, it is advantageous to protect crops from competing species of plants, as well as from herbivores competing with humans.

The conventional approach was probably the first to be employed, since it is comparatively easy to destroy weeds by burning them or plowing them under, and to kill larger competing herbivores, such as crows and other birds eating seeds. Techniques such as crop rotation, companion planting (also known as inter cropping or mixed cropping), and the selective breeding of pest-resistant cultivators have a long history.

Many pests have only become a problem because of the direct actions of humans. Modifying these actions can often substantially reduce the pest problem. In the USA, raccoons caused a nuisance by tearing open refuse sacks. Many householders introduced bins with locking lids, which deterred the raccoons from visiting. House flies tend to accumulate wherever there is human activity and is virtually a global phenomenon, especially where food or food waste is exposed. Similarly, seagulls have become pests at many seaside resorts. Tourists would often feed the birds with scraps of fish and chips, and before long, the birds would become dependent on this food source and act aggressively towards humans.

If this isn't an advert --- I'm a Dutchman!

But why advertise a service in the US on a supposedly European forum?
Oh and by the way, there’s no such species as ‘seagulls’.

Being of the family Laridae, there’s many gulls of various sorts, almost all including ‘gull’ in their name such as herring gull, black backed gull, etc, but no seagull.

I do think these things are so important! I hope you find it of help and remember, one good member of the avian family Sternidae deserves another!