Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does technology improve our environment?
I can only see those bad things that technology causes. I dont know why but can you give me some ideas on how technology improves our environment?

Thanks!

Coz it created problems in our environment, it has made us realise how precious it is.

Does that count?

because it help us with things that we wouldnt normally do by our selfs but again it damages the ecosistem

It all depends on how you define environment. But let me have a stab at it:

Technology helps my environment because I can turn on the faucet and take a nice long hot shower and not have to make 20 trips to the well, to fill up the bath tub and wait 5 hours while putting wood under the it to get it hot enough.

Technology helps my environment because I can use my car to get around and not the horse and carriage. And I can go to the gas station and not have to feed the beast hay and groom him before I go to bed.

Technology lets me go to Florida during the winter on vacation on a plane that takes two hours and not one month on the horsey.

Technology helps my environment because it lets people take an ambulance to get to the hospital where they actually get cured with the help of medication and x-rays and MRI's and stuff and we do not have to pray to god and go to a shaman or witch doctor exclusively to get better.

I'll tell you what. If you prefer to have that environment than do your part. Get rid of your car. Get rid of your electricity feeding your house. Build a nice outhouse for your family. Dig a well, but don't get a gas powered drill to dig it. Get a shovel. DO YOUR PART NOW. Don't just preach it. DO IT. Just like Al Gore does it. Except he has a mansion and private jet and chauffeur, and a government pension with great health benefits.

Technology helps me drive my Hummer SUV and burn lots of fossil fuels...which makes Al Gore very mad that someone ELSE is doing exactly what he is doing. So my SUV hopefully is causing Al Gore to have a heart attack...and THAT is good for the environment.