Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
republicans?
I am not familiar with politics, esp american politics. Can someone explain to me what the republicans and the democrats stand for? and also any additional commonly used political jargons that i should know.

Republicans suck!

That's all you need to know.

One stands for War and call themselves conservative
One stands for Killing babies and call themselves liberals.

Rapethelandicans

Demographicats

Republicans are conservative and democrats are labour. Jules, Australia.

The best analogy I ever heard goes like this...

A man is standing by a river. He is starving.

A Democract walks up and gives him a fish.

A Republican walks up and gives him a fishing pole.

See... Democrats want to help people, they just go about it the wrong way. Republicans want people to help themselves. This way they won't be dependent anymore.

Get it? After the man eats his fish the Democract gave him, he'll be starving again tomorrow.

Go to these sources. It might answer your question. It talks about the modern perceptions of the two parties and the history.

This should help.....

Republicans believe that your money is yours. Democrats believes its the goverments. Republicans want a strong Military. Democrats want a smaller Military. Republicans want pregnate woman to have babies. Democrats want pregnate woman to chose to have babies. This are all generalizations from my point of view.

don't listen to the people on here..there is too much bias. look it up in wikipedia or something. (wikipedia.com)

There is good and bad in both parties. It would take a life time to really understand it all and than when you think you got it figured................They change the rules. but to answer one question GOP stands for Grand Old Party. Which is another name for a Republican. That's one of the nicer names.

Here is links to the parties websites. That might help a bit on looking at their platforms.

The analogy about the man in the stream is correct. Let me expain further.

Republicians are Conservative. They believe in small Government, Low (very low) taxes and that this country gives you all the opportunities to do and be whatever you want. If you don't take advantage of that opportunity (dropping out of school or just failing to get a good education) then the rest of the tax paying Americans should not have to support you with Welfare. We are willing to help for a just long enough period for the person to get back on their feet.

Democrats are Liberals. They believe that Government should do everything for the people. They believe they should take all your money in taxes, and what the Government doesn't use, is provided in Welfare. Sorta sounds like Communism, doesn't it?

Truth seeker speaks the truth! Republicans SUCK!!!! they support bush!!!! run!!!! run fast!!!!! FASTER!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republicans? ? StaceyJEmerson 0 10,311 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ElenaBLee 0 5,749 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  RePUBLICANS!!!? JesseBHowell 0 6,301 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: