Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Buddha do all within his power to educate people that suffering and death can be prevented?
By not procreating life , whether it be human life or animal life?

Dont you think that to say so makes Buddha one of the kindest teachers who ever lived?

nobdy knos if he procreated or not because he was believed to have consorts...
HOWEVER
it says that wen he was enlightened, the universe was labeled and he came into understanding of every phenomenon sooo... he obviously saw it as the only thing to do.. karma wat yu give is wat yu recieve.. plus wen you are enlightened.. they say it is euphoria or bliss sooo he jus wants erbdy t get like him extra high jk lol

He was definitely better than some of the teachers I had in my school

He did so because he truly believed it. But there is no way to prevent suffering or death to any living thing. Those are part of joy and life, you must have one to have the other. The only way to prevent suffering and death is to prevent life from ever being.

Yes I do. I saw a documentary about a small Buddhist village in the mountains, where a young child was caring for a large bird with a broken wing. He saw it as hes duty, he went out every morning and fed washed and cleaned up after the bird until it was able to fly. He did this before he took care of hes own needs. Its what the village elders teach the young.......It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. Made me sad to think of our nasty little ferrel trash throwing cats off of tall buildings and setting fire to animals for fun.......I hope that when man inevitably destroys its self, those people in that mountain village survive. Because I prefer to regard them as man kind. I don't know what the Hell the rest are?......some kind of parasitic violent ape like throw back I suppose. As for the procreation thing, I think what he was trying to point out was simply, that life cannot be in balance without pleasure and pain. we take both from ourselves and each other and should be responsible for all we do. If you have no intention of caring for the life you produce, then it is better not to produce that life. A sentiment I agree with.

Suffering and death cannot be prevented by any means. Hopefully cancer will be cured using gene therapy in my lifetime.

suffering can be prevented through intense and thorough self honesty...

I wouldn't worry about death too much... it is impossible for what you truly are to die or be harmed. you can experience injury, healing, feelings, birth and death, but they are not real - life is like a play being observed through you by the universal I amness.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between the Chinese Buddha and the Japanese Buddha? DanaRHoward 0 6,206 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: