Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Global Warming Switch Already Flipped
Global warming is viewed as a real problem. Many believe that the switch has already flipped. I don’t know, but maybe the solution lies not only in measures to reduce the output of green house gases but in active measures to reduce the amount of green house gases in the atmosphere.

I think it is a switch that has already been flipped.

I think that mother nature has a way of balancing it's self out.

I believe in the "Pan Theory" . . .

Kiss earth good-bye 'cause we are cookin' it alive. The flip has been carelessly switched when the Industrial Age came. If we don't find a solution to global warming, well, you know.

i go with zbelle60

the earth will find a new balance. The question is whether we will be able to evolve. Of course many of our fellow earthlings will not.

Global warming describes an increase over time of the average global temperature at the surface of the Earth, which has risen by 0.6 ± 0.2°C since the late 19th century. Global warming theories attempt to account for the rise and assess the extent to which the effects are due to human causes. Most of the warming of the last 50 years is attributed to increases in the greenhouse effect caused by human-generated carbon dioxide (CO2); solar variability and other natural causes also play a role.

Climate models predict that temperatures will increase (with a range of 1.4°C to 5.8°C for change between 1990 and 2100). Much of this uncertainty results from not knowing future CO2 emissions, but there is also uncertainty about the accuracy of climate models. Climate commitment studies predict that even if levels of greenhouse gases and solar activity were to remain constant, the global climate is committed to 0.5°C of warming over the next one hundred years due to the lag in warming caused by the oceans.

Although the discussion of global warming often focuses on temperature, global warming or any climate change may cause changes in other things as well, including the sea level, precipitation, weather patterns, etc. These may affect human activity via floods, droughts, heat waves, changes to agricultural yields, etc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GLOBAL WARMiNG? MaryTMartin 2 8,688 11-26-2020, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Soetjoko Golden
  How does global warming actually work? JackSHansen 0 4,500 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LarryIBynum
  GLOBAL WARMINg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? FromtheMeadow 0 5,812 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  GlObAl WaRmInG!!? RickyJMontague 0 5,797 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  GLOBAL WARMING..........................? JehovahisGod 0 4,337 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  5 Facts That Prove Global Warming is Caused by Humans OraWRauch 0 12,278 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What percentage of global warming deniers can't differentiate between weather and climate? ScottBNeese 0 9,602 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Why do conservatives ignore that Global Warming is occuring at an unnatural and unprecedented rate? SonofGerald 0 9,531 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is global warming and the greenhouse effect? DavidCPeters 0 6,545 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How to switch story over from biofuels to alternative energy? AmosJAllen 0 3,181 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: