Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What sport should i do after being forced to quit gymnastics due to injury?
I am 15 years old and a level 9 gymnast. The doctor told me I have to quit due to a stress fracture in my back that will not heal. I am allowed to do any sport besides gymnastics and football.
I am interested in competitive sports such as ice skating.

If you want to stay in shape, then you could do something like xc-skiing so that you stay fit throughout the winter. It is a low impact sport, meaning it wont do much damage to any part of your body, unlike the stress that running or other sports put on your body.

im not sure if it wud hurt ur back, but u cud try parkour or free running

Try pole vaulting! Gymnasts are naturals at it. You will catch on really quick and immediately be the best on your team, probably go to State and maybe even win. And if you can jump 12 or 13 feet (which most gymnasts can do easily, with a little practice), you can get a pole vaulting scholarship to any school you want. AND, it's pretty fun! AND, the guys who do pole vaulting are always pretty hot! Give it a try!

Ice Skating is a good sport for a gymnast. It has a lot of the same things like balance, and technique.
Diving is a good sport many gymnasts have changed over to diving or swimming.
Pole vaulting is good too. In high school the track coach used to ask me regularly to join pole vaulting and I always had to say no because gymnastics was too much of a priority at the time. You may enjoy other events in track as well.

Good luck and I hope you find a sport that fits you!

i would say cheerleading if possible but it like gymnastics so idk uhmm swimming is a very competitive sport or ice skating (figure skating) oh or volleyball that is a awesome sport. well i hope i helped and no matter wat ur doctor sai i belive ur back will heal and u will be able the do gymnastics again. miracles can happen Smile god bless Smile)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gymnastics for pregnant women, a fad or a necessity? M.Helen 0 10,853 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport has had the biggest changes over the years? What sport has had the least? Jules 0 3,779 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport should a 17 year old boy who has never played a sport outside of school before play? Edie65 0 4,875 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most exciting sport and what is the most boring sport? Bea17 0 7,858 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport would you say is the most popular sport in Europe after Soccer? Tessie4 0 2,487 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: