Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Culturall Differences in dating, love, and marriage?
I have a project for my psychology of women course, and I need to have information on how different cultures veiw marriage, dating, and love in general.

Any links to articles would be greatly appreciated, and if you have any links to videos that talk about marriages in different cultures that would be great.

India condones arranged marriages as do other countries but in America we want love or we dont want marriage..

Some cultures have arrange marriages. I find that weird.

Marquesans are interesting.
Malinowski studied the Trobrianders. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=RNQ9AAAAIAAJ&dq=malinowski+trobriand&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=fgcNPSRelQ&sig=N4lzN1NP3QtxED_AEQYgEcSfgxs&ei=XsaLSf-gC4jINPGsxbML&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA112,M1">http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id= ... #PPA112,M1</a><!-- m -->
Some American Indian tribes used arranged marriages.
And last bu not least, the Japanese have their "omiai" (pronounced "Oh-my!" ? :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is and was Destiny off of rock of love dating? Izzy 0 3,611 01-25-2011, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Tessie4
  Do you wish that dating and finding love were easier? Johnnie 0 7,163 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What other Love/Dating Reality Shows like Rock of Love etc. are there? Malchiel 0 4,600 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What do i do if my best friend is dating the love of my life? Hunthor 0 13,992 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What would you do if the person you love was dating someone? Hallatan 0 3,722 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Do you really believe that you could find true love on dating web sites? Beor 0 2,842 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  DO you think a person should avoid dating/love if they are not together? Aldor 0 5,401 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is it possible to have a first love without ever dating the person? Baran 0 4,691 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is a good novel about dating and love? Evie98 0 5,802 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What's it mean when the guy your dating says i love you jokingly? Ulfang-the-Black 0 10,265 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: