Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I start a new sport in my sophomore year?
I'm going to be a sophomore this year. I've never really played sports before and am not very good at most of them. The only sport I've done was track in middle school. I was one of the slowest on the team, but I did improve and enjoyed it.

So, is it too late for me to start this a sport year? I'm interested in tennis and field hockey. Will there be other inexperienced people on the team? How do I go about starting one of these sports? And which one do you think I should do?

I'm going to be a sophomore too but in London. You don't know how lucky you are, London sucks. I'm sure you can start a new sport. Go for badminton because it's easier than tennis and more fun.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://therealvanessahudgens.tk/">http://therealvanessahudgens.tk/</a><!-- m -->

it will take alot of work and is almost impossible

I play field hockey, and don't know much about tennis. Tennis might be a great sport to pick up, but I highly suggest field hockey. Field Hockey is the kind of sport that you can improve quickly on just by allowing your self to be coachable and putting in a little effort. To tryout you need to abilities, running and field sense. Sure it would be helpful to have stick skills and know all the rules. But At tryouts its so much more helpful to have endurance and can play the game well. It might be to late... but it might not be to. I think you should try it... ask around and find a stick no ones using, pass around with someone see if you like it. If you do then practice and run. Even if you don't want to put in all this effort then don't. Just try it.

If you don't like field hockey definitely try tennis, having a sport in high school is so much fun.

Field hockey is a great sport, and pretty easy to pick up-- i picked up a stick for the first time in 8th grade and was able to do the basic drills with the rest of the team. One of my friends just started this year- our sophomore year also. You may not be a 'starter' but i'm quite certain you WILL be able to play... after all, the ball IS on the ground, as long as you keep your stick on the ground, you're sure to hit it SOMEWHERE. Skill and strength come in time, but it truly is a simple sport to learn the basics- give it a shot!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What sport has had the biggest changes over the years? What sport has had the least? Jules 0 3,818 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport is a really good workout for an 11 year old? Dree4 0 4,251 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport should a 17 year old boy who has never played a sport outside of school before play? Edie65 0 4,922 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most exciting sport and what is the most boring sport? Bea17 0 7,929 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What Olympic sport could I start in time for London 2012? Dixie678 0 6,585 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport would you say is the most popular sport in Europe after Soccer? Tessie4 0 2,520 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Which sport I can start at the age of 27 and still have hopes for minor levels of championship? Lil 0 3,805 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: