Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the religion that you practice superior to all other religions?
If you practice a religion, you must, one way or another, find it superior to all other religions. But regardless of what religion you practice, everyone who practices ANY religion feels "in my heart and in my soul that [my religion] is the true path." Everyone somehow just "knows" that their religion is the right one.

So what would you tell someone like me, who is looking for a religion? What does your religion offer that the others don't?

I do not practice any religion, and nothing is better then religion.

Why? Because I have two flapping lips that say my religion is the best. What more proof could anyone need?

I look for the one with the tastiest covered dish suppers.

Do I look religious to you?

Atheism has the benefits of not having rules. Coolio!

People think that because of the notion that their religion is true, duh.

Its not my religion that makes me right, Its who I worship. God Bless

I don't have a religion, but i quite like Taoism, Buddhism, and Confusionism since none of them really focus on a God or a deity.

I am a Christian and I would point out to you that many religions are based on your capacity for good deeds. That means that one earns salvation. Because we are all sinners, we can never do enough good to earn God's favor for salvation. That might sound bleak, but the great part is that God offers a free path to salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus. We only need to accept this gift; we do not need to earn it, because we cannot.
You are looking at religions, but look at opportunities. Christianity offers the free gift of salvation and eternal life in heaven just by accepting Jesus as Savior.

"If you practice a religion, you must, one way or another, find it superior to all other religions."

False. I am a Buddhist.

You are confusing Abrahmic faiths for all religions. That is not a trait universal to all religions (it's actually kind of odd). If you are shopping for a religion, don't assume everything is at Wal-Mart. Many religions are non-supremacist and assert the plurality of paths is befitting of a plurality of individuals.

It's in the eye of the beholder. Religion builds pride of being better than other people. Spirituality, on the other hand, takes no sides and brings only humility and a peaceful spirit. That means that religion is for the individual, not specifically for the individual's rivals. If the rival likes what he sees, he can adopt the religion if he wants to. That way, evangelism goes unbelievably slow from the individual's perspective, but actually takes off because it isn't forced with an agenda.

When I bring this point up to other Christians, they brag about the numbers of converts and use that against me. However, they fail to realize that most of those converts who just converted to be nice become extremely lukewarm.

The Christian is then angered by the lukewarm Christian movements that they started. Lukewarm religion is created when religion is forced on people. When people convert to Christianity based on the good actions of the Christian, more fruit is produced. Therefore, this superior pride comes from faulty man, and if that superior pride is written into the religious media, it was put there by faulty man.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  By that regulate to Religions and their Churches. Mario De Sandozequi 0 3,941 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Atheism vs Religions Admin_phpbb3_import1 0 9,969 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Criticism of Religions 0 7,565 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Abraham the leader of all religions b-j 0 5,667 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is atheism a religion if not why is it in religion and spirituality? Polly 0 3,557 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: