Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does sport pilot license allow you to fly internationally?
When licensed to fly internationally can you fly an ultralight? I ask because the rules defining an ultralight very from nation to nation. It seems like if you are licensed for a larger plane then anything smaller would be ok also, but not sure. Alternately, could you license an ultralight as a sport plane or regular plane. The idea is ultralights are CHEAP.

you do not need a certificate (license) to operate a ultralight.

I don't believe the US Sport Pilot license is recognized outside the US. Neither is the certification for Light Sport Airplanes. They can't be taken outside the US.

A new LSA goes for about $100K. You can buy lots of certified airplanes for less than that. For another 20 hours of training you can get a private pilot instead of sport pilot license. If you want to fly outside the US, I suggest the private pilot and a fully certified airplane.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What sport has had the biggest changes over the years? What sport has had the least? Jules 0 3,779 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport should a 17 year old boy who has never played a sport outside of school before play? Edie65 0 4,875 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most exciting sport and what is the most boring sport? Bea17 0 7,858 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport would you say is the most popular sport in Europe after Soccer? Tessie4 0 2,487 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: