Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I move to Finland without any family ties or job or education plan?
I know there is a 90 day limit for "tourists", and I would have to apply for a residence permit before I would be able to live there...but what if I have no Finnish background, nor fiance, nor would I be going to college in Finland, or being there for a specific job? If I have no "real" reason to live there other than my wanting to, how can I stay?
Also, I've heard becoming a citizen (is that the correct term, I wonder...) is very expensive. Is this true?

Unfortunately, your chances are very slim, next to none unless you have a good reason or a sponsor...

just visit before you try to live there America is a great country and if you were to get citizenship you couldn't just come back
bit honestly no the wont grant you the ability to stay longer w/o plans b/c of terrorists everything is super strict

It depends on your country of origin. EU citizens (also Liechtenstein, Iceland, Switzerland) need to register after three months and don't need any residence permit.

I'm sure if you're from any western country and have a lot of money at your disposal i'm sure you could get some limited residence permit. Those terms are just there to rule out people who may be shopping for higher standard of living or gain rights to the social security. Some other specific reasons could also be acceptable if you are self-supportive financially and have extensive health insurance.

You can't easily acquire citizenship because it has strict criteria to comply with such as finnish language skills.