Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a job as a fruit picker in france during the summer?
I'm looking for a seasonal job in france. Where can I find some job offers? i have just visited so many homepages but have found nothing :/

Forget the fruits and change for grapes from sept 15th to nov 1st -

There is a dramtic need of hand work in Alsace -Champagne - Bordeaux and Bourgogne - look at this :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alsace-du-vin.com/index_fr.php?m=9&pID=191">http://www.alsace-du-vin.com/index_fr.php?m=9&pID=191</a><!-- m -->

Generally there is an accomodation and food is the harvester's job - they feed you - you're paid on the basis of what you pick ( unit = basket ).

It's hard but great .

Monika, your question is posted from the USA.
I am sorry to tell you that, if you are an American or a citizen of any nation that does not belong to the European Union, you are not allowed to take on work in any state belonging to the EU, and that includes France, without a work permit.
To work in France for any length of time, even for just a month, non EU citizens require a special visa, and these are only given if they have skills that cannot be offered by citizens of the EU. You also have to be sponsored by a local firm or institution and be able to produce evidence of this before you apply for the visa whilst you still are in the USA. Fruit picking of any kind does not require special skills, so would not qualify.
Any employer that takes on a non EU citizen without a work permit, even for short term renumerated work, is committing an offence and is liable to prosecution and a heavy fine. If you are caught working illegally whilst in the EU on the visa waiver that is given for short stays and tourists, you are extradited, put on a blacklist and forbidden from re-entering the EU.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I go about finding a summer job in France? Tarondor-of-Gondor 0 3,021 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: