Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I Get a Job In Germany?
I'm looking to move to Germany, and in order to live there, I'll need money, which requires a job, obviously.
I've looked into getting a work permit, which requires getting a residence permit.
I'm just wondering how I can actually obtain a job. Is there some website that takes out ads for me to apply there, while I'm in America? Do I need to go to Germany first, then get a job? Or should I look for one here?
I'm not looking for a major job, just something simple.

Be aware to get any decent job first of all you need to speak German.

Also unless you are a German or EU citizen you cant move to Germany.
You need a resident permit and a work visa both is hard to get since every employed hiring you will need to provides proof that no German or EU citizen could do that job which is hardly going to happen.

To get a job you can use the site of Arbeitsagentur.

The best way to move to Germany as a non EU citizen is apply for a student visa get a German degree from a university. After graduating you have a 6 months delay to search for a job if you are succesfull and find a job you can stay in Germany as a legal resident.

You could state your citizenship (even though you're in America). If you're US Citizen- it's easier for you to find a job, as German Authorities will not require you to apply for an German work visa outside of Germany. So, you will be able to get residency permit inside of Germany without applying for any kind of visa.

Unfortunately, for something simple there are a plenty of not high skilled workers in Germany. I would suggest... if you're US born- you could try to teach English.

Unless you are a German or EU citizen it is very difficult to get a job.

Teaching is a bad idea at schools only German citizens and EU citizens can work be aware UK is member of the EU.

Also you will only get a work permit for a high qualified job not for something simple.

Without work permit no employer will hire you as fines are very high also you risk deportation if you try to work without a permit.

For the rest I agree with Erginos

First you must learn to speak german. The more fluent you speak, the easier it is for you.

If you're looking for something simple, you should at least have vocational training. I don't know what simple means for you, but some 'simple' things require Ausbildung. Or maybe you could work at a factory if that is simple enough.

And there's the job market.Unemployment rate is high among those who do 'simple' jobs. Professionals have better job security. Like engineer for example.

And there's the visa. To be able to work you need a work permit. The process is lengthy. There are lots of conditions etc.

You know what? I guess you're better off in the States. If you wanna move somewhere, move to Australia. I think it's easier.