Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT: how can i get a job in Germany without knowing German?
i live in Germany in Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel. but my German is not good enough to speak easily.
how can i find a job here (any job) which does not need any German language skills.
help me please.
best answer gets 10 points.

Your best chance probably lies on one of the British or American Military establishments. There the clientele is English speaking.

Worth looking into.

Ian

Well, basically, you need a job that doesn't require talking at all. Lots of people with language issues here work as cleaners.
You could also try to find someone who speaks English and then ask him to help you with an application for some tourist thing. Like, those people who walk through the city and tell the tourists something about the city. Just in English.

It's impossible.

Imagine, if a German wanted to work in your country without knowing your language...It would be impossible too...

Any decent job will require you to speak German fluently.
Only exception jobs at the American or British armed forces.

Work at a convenience store. The workers at such establishments in America don't speak English. Works for them.

To the man up the top there, it's not impossible.
I came over here with 0 German...really nothing I could say Hi and Bye and that's it!
Work as an AuPair or a Nanny...the kids will make you learn SUPER fast, like I mean you will be having conversations in a few weeks, plus the family has to send you to language school.
You could always work in a tourist centre or labour job. People I have met here have started off with some really shitty jobs cause of the language but now once they are working with people and taking classes it's all good. Good Luck!

If you know basic words (ja, nein, dort, hier etc..) you can only work as cleaner in big shops. Any manual labor that is would be ok. If you want someting better than that you must learn your GermanSmile I have similar problem btw!

it's simple. you can't. without proficient german, how can you communicate with the majority of the people?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm looking for a job in Germany that doesn't require much German? Malvegil 0 4,172 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is it impossible to get a job in Germany without knowing the language? Amlaith 0 5,011 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: