Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is the job market in Hungary?
Hi everyone, I am planning to go to Hungary for higher studies as an international student and want to know how is the job market there to secure a part time job. And could someone tell me about the cost of living and standard wages. Thank you very much.

My Hungarian husband says you might be able to find a min. wage part-time job in Hungary. Something like at McDonalds. They pay is hardly worth the trouble though. McDonalds in Hungary pays around $3.00 per hour.
There might be some better paying jobs but right now the job market is bad in Hungary.
My next door neighbor has a college degree and has worked for more then 15 years as an accountant. After super high taxes she brings home about $600. a month working full time.
A cheap apt.in a ok neighborhood in Budapest is around $300 to $400. a month plus utilities.
You may need a room mate.
Most families live on a two income budget and many people have already inherited their apts. so no rental fees.
You should talk to someone at the university you will be attending, they may help students find part-time jobs at the school or know places that hire students.Don't expect to make a killing though, the pay is very low in Hungary.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.budapestinfo.hu">www.budapestinfo.hu</a><!-- w -->

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can an American woman with a Master's degree get a job in Hungary? PaulWMize 0 5,755 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is it easy to find a job,working on a farm in Hungary for backpackers? Bill-Ferny 0 4,133 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the minimum age you can get a job at Hungary Jacks? Dirhael 0 4,083 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: