Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What new technology would be a good topic for my ninth grade technology class?
It has to be an "emerging technology" meaning new. It can't be more than three years old. As in, a phone is not an emerging technology. The Iphone is. I'd like something with enough information to do an oral report and written report on it. Currently on my list, meaning don't suggest them, are projectable keyboards, the aptera, the iphone, and a computer currently being devloped with microsoft that "reads brain waves". Thanks!
Do you not ge tit? A phone is not new; the iphone is. A tv is not new, a plasma screen tv is.

How about "wimax." I've just heard about this it's being featured at the consumer electronics show this week. It is a new wireless access technology. In fact, I think if you just do some googling about the CES show you'll find all sorts of things in development that you can write about.

Just for the record, the iPhone is not a new technology as the technology that it actually draws from existed years before the iPhone was even conceived. A new technology that I've been following recently is Holographic Data Storage.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_data_storage">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_data_storage</a><!-- m -->

It's really interesting because they manage to cram so much data into so little space, bringing new compression techniques to the forefront. Good luck on your selection!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I hear about new technology before other people? Gilraen 2 7,580 11-10-2021, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Debb
  How is new computer technology introduced to the public? MaxineAMeyer 1 4,691 08-02-2021, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Akshay_M
  What is a new technology that can help businesses save money by reducing energy use? Folca 1 4,921 07-08-2021, 11:31 AM
  What are the downsides (dsadvantages) of investing in new technology, is a good business strategy? TiffanyJChen 1 4,753 03-16-2021, 04:20 PM
  Should new technology be developed before we even think about traveling to Mars? Freawine 0 5,425 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Cleo67
  Is the CDMA technology indeed ecological? Faw_Peter 11 11,014 09-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Hakan G
  2100 AD RELATE TO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY? sindhu88 0 3,829 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How did science and technology affect Europe's exploration of the sea? Tuor 0 3,159 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is Biology a good class to take in college to become a dental hygienist? ViolaMWebb 0 2,630 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is a biology summer class at a college the same as taking an AP Bio class during the school year? Gracie 0 2,262 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: