Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big bang?
Is big bang a true story?
I don't believe it. I think this is illogical and impossbile.

I think there are two options - either the big bang never existed and will never exist, or it happened once and it will happen again in future.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Big bang is a scientific theory(model) not a story and it is based on observations and other modern theories Smile
Steven Wrote:I don't believe it. I think this is illogical and impossible.
Do you think you can comprehend everything with logic?
Why do you believe it's impossible?
Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
SEO directory of forums - free submission

If Big bang happened, where did it come from? "Nothing" can't simply blow.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I don't know how to imagine this "nothing". No really, if big bang is true, what in the world existed before it?
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

this is rhetorical question. Nobody can answer it. It's hardly possible the answer is known in the following 200 years.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Steven Wrote:Is big bang a true story?

I think there are two options - either the big bang never existed and will never exist, or it happened once and it will happen again in future.

Hopefully the CERN project is going to tell us what is true and what is not.

Karl.in.eu Wrote:
Steven Wrote:Is big bang a true story?

Hopefully the CERN project is going to tell us what is true and what is not.

oh yes it can. But everything could pass so quickly that we don't realize anything. If big bang happens here on Earth, it will take only a moment to make the world disappear.

Learn more about the Big Bang
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang</a><!-- m -->
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

A scene of how the big bang looked
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1AXbpYndGc">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1AXbpYndGc</a><!-- m -->

I do believe that there is a big bang before the creation of universal, as everything is possible to me...

If not big bang, I see no other possibilities of how we appeared. But, let's now imagine what the word "nothing" means. Nothing means there was absolutely nothing nothing nothing, not a dust, not a light, not a dark etc.
If big bang took place, where from did it take place?

Karl.in.eu Wrote:Hopefully the CERN project is going to tell us what is true and what is not.
We will have to take a raincheck on that.
For a brief moment it seemed like Rock n' Roll would inherit the Earth..

I heard of possible circumstances that will make the CERN project never happen. There are groups of people who will protest against the project, when it is going to start (in 2009). If they manage to garner more and more people, then the project might indeed not be realized. People are afraid of dying.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Steven Wrote:If not big bang, I see no other possibilities of how we appeared. But, let's now imagine what the word "nothing" means. Nothing means there was absolutely nothing nothing nothing, not a dust, not a light, not a dark etc.
If big bang took place, where from did it take place?

Our Universe is currently expanding. It may

1) continue to expand forever, or
2) at some future time it begins to shrink (due to the gravitational forces) until it contracts to a point.

When the latter happens we have "nothing" but the point, and then from this point comes a New Big Bang and so on ...

I hope this partially answers your question.

Hmm... interesting theory. I hope we won't reach the moment when it shrinks to one point, it will be painful, I think. :roll:
There is an interesting BBC movie about big bang, my advice - watch it. Confuseduper

Steven Wrote:Hmm... interesting theory. I hope we won't reach the moment when it shrinks to one point, it will be painful, I think. :roll:
There is an interesting BBC movie about big bang, my advice - watch it. Confuseduper

Our sun will have burned out long before that - so we will sooner freeze.

But this may not be true though! In 4-5 billions years, when our sun's hydrogen burns out, it will expand and consume the nearest planets, including possibly the Earth.

Could you write the title of the movie?

Sure, the movie is called "The Universe - Beyond the Big Bang", year 2007. You can find it on bittorrents sites
enjoy
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

An argument that says the God created universe, and not big bang:

Saint Thomas's argument is this:

1. Everything is caused by something other than itself
2. Therefore the universe was caused by something other than itself.
3. The string of causes cannot be infinitely long.
4. If the string of causes cannot be infinitely long, there must be a first cause.
5. Therefore, there must be a first cause, namely god.