Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World economic relations after South Osetia war
Hello,
The conflict of South Osetia brought a lot of changes in all the areas of world relations.
Do you think it will affect somehow the world economic relations between countries? If yes, then how?
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

What I'm sure of is that the Olympic tickets for the winter games in Sochi, won't be selling at a pace and price they would normally do.

I don't think so. The same assumption was made before the tickets for the Beijing Olympic Games went on sale but the sales volume in the first months was below any expectation. Rumors were spreading fast. And the first theory was that such a situation would be the Tibet problem, or exactly the criminal politic that the Chinese authorities applied in the region. This could've influence on the people that were going to buy the tickets, and that is why they didn't do it.

But it wasn't like that. All the tickets sold out, and the last ticket for the Opening of the Olympic games was even sold for 19.000$ at an auction.

Well China could have been an exception (regarding the selling of all the tickets). This is because China is communist country. I wouldn't be surprised that Chinese citizens with a certain level of salaries were obliged to buy and visit the Olympic Games. I studied in a post soviet country and school, and that is how the administration of the high school would make the concert room full of people: by obliging pupils to buy at least 20 tickets for each class.
By the way, you could tell that they were a lot of Chinese people, as they always were screaming and supporting the Chinese sportsmen.

I don't really understand the interrealtion between the Georgian conflct and Sochi Olympic Games. The best clue I suppose you mean is that the worsening of relations between Russia and the West will make Russia raise prices for the Olympic Games. Is that what you meant?

we should expect the gas and the oil price to rise, if NATO imposes any restrictions to Russia.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Faw_Peter Wrote:I don't really understand the interrealtion between the Georgian conflct and Sochi Olympic Games. The best clue I suppose you mean is that the worsening of relations between Russia and the West will make Russia raise prices for the Olympic Games. Is that what you meant?

No it’s all about the reputation of the Russia after the Ossetia war. It did not respect 6the human rights and the international law standards. So people may not go to Sochi as a protest to how Russia behaves.

Nicholas Wrote:
Faw_Peter Wrote:I don't really understand the interrealtion between the Georgian conflct and Sochi Olympic Games. The best clue I suppose you mean is that the worsening of relations between Russia and the West will make Russia raise prices for the Olympic Games. Is that what you meant?

No it’s all about the reputation of the Russia after the Ossetia war. It did not respect 6the human rights and the international law standards. So people may not go to Sochi as a protest to how Russia behaves.

you're joking right? Olympic games have been organized and carried out, regardless of world circumstances. It has no relations to politics!
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Many people didn't go to China Olympics, because of its unpopular position regarding the human rights..

Karl.in.eu Wrote:Many people didn't go to China Olympics, because of its unpopular position regarding the human rights..
Is it so? I thought finding a ticket for Olympic Games was a deficit. The stadiums were overcrowded, no free places. Besides. sport fans don't care about human rights if it comes to their favourite sport.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

There will be too much time in between for people to forget this incident.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USA economy is down: is it the next economic depression? Hakan G 15 12,104 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Terry
  JAAAAAAAA VENEZUELA CONFESS INDEPENDANCE OF OSETIA tricker 0 1,886 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: