Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judo
While I'm not a proficient Judoka, I'm a big fan (the job gets in the way). I have a deep respect for Putin who managed to become a top Judoka even though he probably has lots of other things to do Smile
If you get a chance, watch the video of his visit to the Kodokan. After he beats a Japanese black belt in a fierce match, he allows a little girl to throw him. Brilliant!

But he's still a killer.... Smile

Probably this is the action you are talking about (Putin)
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/IdXwu2MXR_s&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Yeap... that's the one. Smart move choosing a child and letting her win. So my question is - is he also dangerous? (Sometimes smart = dangerous).

Well let's say he is smart indeed, because not every person can manage the biggest country in the world...
As for dangerous... I'm not sure. He is confident and I think he knows exactly what he wants. Also, he is serious, I don't know if we can call him dangerous for that... :quoi
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Agreed! Perhaps it's a bit of envy. Perhaps my experience with tough guys. It all depends on how far he wants to spread his wings and where he wants to spread them Wink if you know what I mean. I guess we'll find out.
But I absolutely admire the guy. Which doesn't exclude apprehension. And here's a couple of pictures illustrating his range:
[Image: Putin1_thumb.jpg]
[Image: putin.jpg]
Well, you gotta hand it to the Russians though, they got themselves a good сильного босса.

Watch this picture and laugh ::lol

poor Bush, everybody forgot him
[Image: 47130fb3a92459.91689358]

Aeneas, specially for you
[Image: 91c03.jpg]
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

I think Angela is HOT Smile But not so crazy about the picture you selected for me. Although I did like the knife he's sporting on his belt. I bet it's a special KGB issue. Wonder if he used it on anything other then ... fish..

Wait... I see the Orthodox cross too. Okay, I'm fine with everything now. He's a good man.

wow! this thread should be moved to politics now :lol:
just in regards to its name, did you know that Judo means (from Japanese) "gentle way". I guess the name itself speaks about the style of this martial art.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:wow! this thread should be moved to politics now :lol:
just in regards to its name, did you know that Judo means (from Japanese) "gentle way". I guess the name itself speaks about the style of this martial art.

yes, u r right. Judo consists in gentle throws. The sport is nice, as against to karate, because it's not so cruel I think. It happens hast and gentle

Faw_Peter Wrote:yes, u r right. Judo consists in gentle throws. The sport is nice, as against to karate, because it's not so cruel I think. It happens hast and gentle

You were probably never thrown by a judoka if you say so Big Grin
When you sparing with a karate fighter you can agree to a mild fight. Both fighters can control their punches and kicks and only show them by touching the opponent. When you sparing with a judo fighter there is the gravity and the hard floor which cannot be controlled...