Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our life is a game!
What if our life is a kind of computer game? The software sets determined goals for us, gives tasks which require solutions, establishes barriers that need to be overcome on the way to goal. Thus, the invented human goes through this way and in the end the bonus is higher education, happy marriage, solid career etc. After the goal is achieved, he looks for another goal...
In the end, the most intrigued users ask themselves - which is purpose of this quest? Where is the main monster that needs to be killed, the point of which is the final prize?
What do you think about this?
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

That reminds me of this american lady who divorced her husband because he was cheating on her with a virtual lover on Sims.

Many of us lead a life as if it were programmed.

That's why I like the MATRIX films Wink
For a brief moment it seemed like Rock n' Roll would inherit the Earth..

Terry, of course it is a game! Some days, I acheive tasks just like Super Mario Bros running around collecting coins... :lol:

Before the recent CERN experiment, a scientist was asked if there was really a risk that the world would end. He replied that there was the same risk of a large banner appearing in the sky that reads "Level 2" :langue

But what you are really asking, is what is the point of all our lives ;-) Well, the last computer game I got really addicted to was one where you had to start a revolution and take over a country... So, you heard it here first: BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP QUEEN BECKY OF EUROPE :haha

There are people who live in an American virtual system. I forgot how it is called... but it is awful to think that they spend all their lives in front of their computers, knowing nothing but their virtual system... let's hope it's not our future.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

you know what, the thought that our life is a game is an encouraging one. One can use it when he gets into troubles. He can imagine that a good play means happy end anyways, so he'll solve everything. This can be used by psychologists.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

unfortunately in life we don't have several lifes like in games. I wish this was possible: got into accident, died, and later revived again. Confuseduper

When we fall in love, the "joystick" is taken under our girlfriend's control. This is what leads us - love. If people were very rational, the world would be impossible to live in. Love raises the entire life.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

And the game ends when your girlfriend cheats on you :-)
I don't think that the joystick that controls our life should be given to somebody else, even if it comes to the person you love the most. Remember your life - your reign.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Well Benn, life is boring without other people. Actually love consists in "passing the joystick to the person you love". Thus, the game becomes more attractive and interesting. As for cheating, yes, it hurts...

Yes our life is a game. One thing, I'm not sure about who leads it - we do, or maybe somebody throws the dices for us and determine our further way of living, our friends our job etc.

I wouldn't call my life a game. Games are easily foreseeable. Life is full of unexpected surprises, sometimes pleasant and other times less pleasant.When you play a game, you don't sleep, while in real life you can, that's the good part Smile
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:I wouldn't call my life a game. Games are easily foreseeable. Life is full of unexpected surprises, sometimes pleasant and other times less pleasant.When you play a game, you don't sleep, while in real life you can, that's the good part Smile

But maybe staying awake is better rather than being asleep! I understand that sleeping is pleasant, but, think this way: even if life is a game, make a funny game out of it and enjoy every moment. If you spend much time on philosophizing about whether life is a game or not, then you're already not playing an interesting game.

Terry Wrote:What if our life is a kind of computer game? The software sets determined goals for us, gives tasks which require solutions, establishes barriers that need to be overcome on the way to goal. What do you think about this?

our life is a game, only that the final trophy is nothing else that death... ;(

Quote:our life is a game, only that the final trophy is nothing else that death...
your words made me to feel so an helpless...
the human life may be is a game,or is a play but not this matter's...Matter's who are the actors, the players and what role they play.... ;(
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Oh,yes, our life is a game!))) But what kind of game, it depends only on you.I believe, that you establish the rules in your own game named life. Your destiny is defined by your deeds, by choice you make.Old wise people say that future can be changed and everything is relatively,I agree! One more interesting thing: your destiny can be predicted by knowing your psychology only! So, you create your life, do it wisely and play on your own rules!)))

When playing a game, you play to just survive. And if you are lucky, you may obtain a victory. The same way is in our everyday life, you should fight for your existence and victory, you should confront all the obstacles to be in the front of the actions and just in this way you can obtain what you really want.

Life is a game. my mother taught me before that I have to run because the time wont wait for me. LOL I can't understand this when I was a kid but now it means that sometimes i have to gamble in life. and it is a game that i need to win.