Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog Cleans Air Pollution
While it hassles commuters, morning mist removes a lot of airborne particles which are hazardous for people with respiratory health problems. The water droplets inside morning fog are of just the right size to collect and hold onto tiny air pollutant particles floating in the air. Once the fog settles back to the ground, it takes the air pollution particles with it.

OK, I understand that. But, if it's so, where do these pollution particles vanish? So, when the fog lays down, it takes pollutants with it and covers the ground with it. Thus, it's just a transfer from air to ground.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Steven Wrote:OK, I understand that. But, if it's so, where do these pollution particles vanish? So, when the fog lays down, it takes pollutants with it and covers the ground with it. Thus, it's just a transfer from air to ground.

Steve, these particles are so small that even a microscope is unable to see them. They cause zero effect for the ground, while the air remains clean.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

For me it's something new Smile. But I think it accomplishes the same function as the rain. So, it's should be considered that people who live for instance in London, Berlin, Copenhagen, Saint-Petersburg are breathing a purer air that those who live in the droughty zones?

I read somewhere that fog doesn't clean air but form smog which is very dangerous for people.
Smog is a kind of air pollution; the word "smog" is a portmanteau of smoke and fog. Classic smog results from large amounts of coal burning in an area caused by a mixture of smoke and sulfur dioxide. Modern smog does not usually come from coal but from vehicular and industrial emissions that are acted on in the atmosphere by sunlight to form secondary pollutants that also combine with the primary emissions to form photochemical smog.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SmogNY.jpg">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SmogNY.jpg</a><!-- m -->

The water droplets inside morning fog are of just the right size to collect and hold onto tiny air pollutant particles floating in the air. Once the fog settles back to the ground, it takes the air pollution particles with it.