Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism vs Religions
To believe or not to believe - this is the question... :geek:

Over 99% of people on Earth believe in a supernatural power, so I guess the answer is to believe. But, believe it in a way that you don't become dependent on it. Find yourself a limit, and don't forget that you rule your life.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I also believe in god. Happily I am among those 99%. I don't know how atheists feel, but if I guess they feel lonely. And this is their punishment for not believing in god. Remember, we - humans, are not alone, there's something beyond us.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:I also believe in god. Happily I am among those 99%. I don't know how atheists feel, but if I guess they feel lonely. And this is their punishment for not believing in god. Remember, we - humans, are not alone, there's something beyond us.

I think they feel lonely indeed, but they don't complain about that and they are happy with what they are. Even atheists have friends, the friendship won't last for long, as earlier or later the differences in conceptions will be felt.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Most atheists do believe in something supernatural, but the point is that their imagination created their own god. But I think it's childish.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I myself have a kind of my own God. I believe in Jesus, but there are things that I can't really agree with. For example: when I'm slapped on one side of my face, I won't give a chance to be hit on the second one. No way :banghead
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Terry Wrote:I myself have a kind of my own God. I believe in Jesus, but there are things that I can't really agree with. For example: when I'm slapped on one side of my face, I won't give a chance to be hit on the second one. No way :banghead

neither I can understand that. It teaches to be weak, while I think that weakness can't lead people to progress. You see, many things could have been invented in 2,000 years. So it might not be true, it might not be what Jesus really taught people.

Quote:You see, many things could have been invented in 2,000 years. So it might not be true, it might not be what Jesus really taught people.

if thinking with your logic, then we can believe in nothing unless we encountered and witnessed the situation with our own eyes. It's incorrect, to me. There are more than enough facts that prove, state and describe in details the old times. So what we know today about Christianity is indeed what Jesus taught.

I never greeted atheists. I would never dare having an atheist boyfriend. However, for me, it is better to date with and atheist than with a Muslim. I don't like their religion and consider it fanatic.

Peach Wrote:I never greeted atheists. I would never dare having an atheist boyfriend. However, for me, it is better to date with and atheist than with a Muslim. I don't like their religion and consider it fanatic.

respect for you Confuseduper

When, for example, a Muslim starts dating with a European/American girl, earlier or later a question appears: one of them has to change his/her religion. In every case I know, it's the girl who rejects her native religion and takes the Muslim.

Terry Wrote:
Peach Wrote:I never greeted atheists. I would never dare having an atheist boyfriend. However, for me, it is better to date with and atheist than with a Muslim. I don't like their religion and consider it fanatic.

respect for you Confuseduper

When, for example, a Muslim starts dating with a European/American girl, earlier or later a question appears: one of them has to change his/her religion. In every case I know, it's the girl who rejects her native religion and takes the Muslim.

True, it's all about devotion to their religion, while we, Christians, for us love matters more than religion. Certainly I can't talk on behalf of everybody, but I certainly represent the opinion of majority, as for us religion is love and love is religion.

I think that although they say they don't believe in God, they actually do it, but are unwilling to tell this publicly or are angry on their destiny and on God as well. Simply don't wanna acknowledge His existence because of their vexation.

In my opinion, atheism is a myth, because all of us believe in something on this world. It is not necessary to be a God, a person who names itself as atheist anyway believes in something, in some power on this world, even if it say that doesn't in its hearth I believe that it does.

I am an atheist and I am also a teacher of Evolution. It never ceases to amaze me how people claim atheism is a myth, or that we 'secretly' do believe in a God. Let me be frank. I do not believe in God. I do not believe in a heaven or hell or the in-betweens. When you die, that's it. Better live life to it's max because you aren't getting another one.
You may be asking youself, 'why do you think this way'? or 'what lead you to these beliefs'?
Well, I was raised Catholic but started to question the so-called 'truths' that were taught to me from the Bible. I started reading about evolution, educated myself on the sciences (biology, geology, astronomy) and I eventually reached the conclusion that, just like the Roman and Greek gods, the god of modern society was a myth. I had to laugh at the statement made above that 99% of people believe in a superpower. I'd like to see data on that. Most atheists I know are quiet about this, so I believe that percentage is lower. Also, we aren't lonely--not at all. In fact, all the atheists I know (and there are a lot of us) seem to be happier and more peaceful with themselves and their decisions than those who are believers. Again, this stems from knowing your time on earth is limited and to make the most of it. I have also found that atheists are some of the most caring, forgiving and kind group of individuals on this planet. We don't judge others. We don't care about your sexual orientation. We believe that we are 'all in this together' and that we are 'all equal' to each other. No one person or group is better than another. So, while muslims kill non-muslims and christians preach hate toward gays, we sit back and question 'why' and 'what for'.

Quote:I am an atheist and I am also a...

100%.
Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules - and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  By that regulate to Religions and their Churches. Mario De Sandozequi 0 3,914 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Criticism of Religions 0 7,499 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Abraham the leader of all religions b-j 0 5,597 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Why is the religion that you practice superior to all other religions? MichaelWRuiz 0 6,080 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: