Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming
I was watching recently the Animal Planet and they predicted that London and Berlin will be among the first cities to go under water if the global warming continues. So this is an important topic that have to be discussed.

Do you believe that Global Warming is happening because of humans?
If Yes what can we do to stop it?

denying that global warming is taking place not because of humans is the same as agreeing that children are brought by storks. I am young and I already feel obvious difference between the climate that I lived in 10 years ago and the climate I live today in.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn, it's not only the human who is guilty for this. The Earth is now going through different geological changes. Did you know that the speed of rotation on its axis is getting slower and slower each day?
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I knew that. But, this speed reduction is only a few millionth of the meter per day. So millions of years must pass in order that consequences appear. Thus, there must not be big differences between the previous and current centuries. But we witness these deviations.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Certainly we are guilty. The Earth doesn't like us since all we do is exploit all its resources and leave nothing instead. Only very few understand indeed the consequences of global warming, but it's only a drop in the sea. Not even I am serious about this.

I better prefer living in a pollutant, modern world, rather than living in a classical world, with no cars, with very little to afford yourself. I believe that even if we try to prevent global warming, our life level must remain where it was.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

M.Helen Wrote:I better prefer living in a pollutant, modern world, rather than living in a classical world, with no cars, with very little to afford yourself. I believe that even if we try to prevent global warming, our life level must remain where it was.

If you're so greedy, then think about your children, who are going to live in this world. Maybe you've seen many things in your life, but don't forget to offer them the same opportunity. Otherwise they will have to correct our mistakes. Is it fair? Of course not!
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Lots of mountain peaks, which earlier used to be covered with snow, today are covered with nothing. The difference is obvious at European mountains, if we compare their pictures in, let's say, 1995 and 2008.
Take a look at this snow covered with dirt, it's polluted.
[Image: shastinadillercanyonlookingup061105-12001.jpg]

The best thing to change global warming is for all the current world leaders to resign as incompetent and incapable of facing reality and in there place should be installed members of the Earth Allies Council
who would instigate new environmental and pollution laws to deal with those currently untouched criminals of our society who pollute freely and who are most responsible for the damage done to our environment.

leon Wrote:The best thing to change global warming is for all the current world leaders to resign as incompetent and incapable of facing reality and in there place should be installed members of the Earth Allies Council
who would instigate new environmental and pollution laws to deal with those currently untouched criminals of our society who pollute freely and who are most responsible for the damage done to our environment.

Leon, this means the world will forget about economy, politics, business and all sort of entertainment. It's a fiction... we're not ready for this yet. Most of people are ready to die rather than refusing the way of life they live now.

Peter, correct. I have the same opinion, as it's enough for me to simply imagine me not driving the car, not being surrounded with modern equipment, devices etc. and I begin to realize that life would become damn boring. :-(

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GLOBAL WARMiNG? MaryTMartin 2 8,688 11-26-2020, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Soetjoko Golden
  How does global warming actually work? JackSHansen 0 4,500 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LarryIBynum
  Why do conservatives ignore that Global Warming is occuring at an unnatural and unprecedented rate? SonofGerald 0 9,531 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  GLOBAL WARMINg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? FromtheMeadow 0 5,812 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  GLOBAL WARMING..........................? JehovahisGod 0 4,337 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  5 Facts That Prove Global Warming is Caused by Humans OraWRauch 0 12,278 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What percentage of global warming deniers can't differentiate between weather and climate? ScottBNeese 0 9,602 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  If man made global warming is a hoax, where and when did it start? ScottBNeese 0 4,418 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is global warming and the greenhouse effect? DavidCPeters 0 6,545 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What are the issues of global warming and possible climate changes due to global warming? DanaRHoward 0 4,392 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: